• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see 'delidded' i7 8700k cpu's from 8 pack, on day one?

Associate
Yes. I already tested delid tool it's working perfectly on 8700k. I will also do different bin speeds too.

Will there be any non-binned delidded CPUs? I'm perfectly happy playing the silicon lottery - I just want a delidded CPU (presuming there are thermal issues again if you don't delid) with a warranty.

Soldato
Ofcourse not because we only delid binned cpu's. Binning takes place before delid.

You guys only bin the "Tray" or "OEM" Cpus right? all the sealed box ones are lottery on how they will perform out of the box, im happy to take my chance with a sealed one rather than pay the £300+ you will lob on top for the higher binned one ;) i am fairly certain that these chips will require delidding to be optimal, going on the current form of Intel.

Back
Top Bottom