Destiny 2

Associate
Finished the campaign and at level 20/ light level 207.

Haven't started doing any strikes or anything else yet!

Soldato
Just had couple hours on it got to level 5 did some activities etc love it all ready more polished and in general just great, can't wait for a proper evening on it

Soldato
Is it just me that thinks the textures are really poor in some places? It looks like a last gen game. Mainly in the open areas.
Apart from this I'm enjoying it. Seems to have a lot more going on for it. Myself and a friend took around 3 minutes trying to make a very tricky jump, just kept dying over and over :D:o

Some of the textures are crappy. In the underground cave bit I was just in it was really bad. It generally looks ok though the opening mission looked really nice but not quiet as good now.

Associate
Got to level 3 and opened up the crucible etc. That was my main aim tonight. It seems good but basically Destiny 1 with bit of a polish. Not overly blown away so far must say. Don't like the farm (preferred the D1 lobby area) but really like the gun variety. They all feel really different and satisfying to fire.

Soldato
Got to level 8 last night with the Mrs.

Really nice opening section following the Homecoming mission. The way the ghost reacted / spoke worked really well.

Only done a couple of the story missions and a few activities in the EDZ. The new patrol areas seem so much more alive and packed with detail. I feel like I have experienced more varied content in the area around the church (no spoilers) than the entire Cosmodrome. Being able to jump straight into the missions and utilising the director as it is supposed to work (like any other open world game done properly) was awesome compared to D1.

Eager to get home and play some more tonight. :)

Soldato
So the guy who voices devrim..also voiced balthier from FFXII. Thought I knew that voice from somewhere :D after recently revisiting ffxii.

On topic.. can't wait to get home and play later ! :(

Associate
So the guy who voices devrim..also voiced balthier from FFXII. Thought I knew that voice from somewhere :D after recently revisiting ffxii.

On topic.. can't wait to get home and play later ! :(

He is also Jorah Mormont from GoT IIRC.

Really liking D2 so far, will have to try not to burn out before PC release.

Pro's
- Story is great, much more of a Halo/ODST vibe to it, which is a big plus in my book
- Free roam areas are awesome, they have put a ton of effort into fleshing them out and adding verticality / explore-ability
- Lost Sectors and Adventures are nicer than having to replay story missions or grind strikes
- I kinda like the weapon system
- Heroic public events are a good touch
- We actually have a map

Con's
- The shader system is complete BS, massive community outcry so hopefully they revert
- Patrols are copy paste from D1 which is poor, would rather they copy pasted Bounties
- Lack of strikes, but they are at least longer and raid-boss esque
- I feel like the UI is worse, e.g. you can't see faction reps
- Where are the vendors selling emblems/shaders and class items etc? Almost glimmer capped and nowhere to spend it lol

Associate
Interesting about the shaders, hopefully that'll get addressed as I love playing about with colour schemes.

Anyone tried crucible yet? I've read there is only a limited set of play modes right now and it's a random cycle

Back
Top Bottom