*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Are we expecting carriers to launch their pricing today, or do they take a bit longer?

I don't remember back to previous launches.

Associate
Prototypes meh.

Apple reportedly had prototypes of the fingerprint in display...It just didnt work as well as they wanted too.
Same goes for Samsung.

When its in commercial devices I'll be impressed.
Qualcomm have been talking about it since 2015, promising every year we'll see it in devices nothings materailised yet.
Now they're promising we'll see it next year, lets see If we do.

The launch cames cross as a little bit desperate. You now have the face recognition on the x which brings nothing to the phone as I am not aware of anyone with any issues with the way the phones previously locked. The animated emoticons, sorry but if that is a highlight of a £1000 phone something is wrong.

Not knocking the phones they will compete with everything out there, but the hype of the X really had me expecting something more. My wife would normally go top model iphone every 2 years, so an upgrade is due now from an iphone6, and the X isn't really an easy choice next to the 8.

Man of Honour
the X isn't really an easy choice next to the 8.

It's not meant to be, it's a flagship device. No one buys a £3k+ MacBook Pro to browse the web and use Office, they buy a device suitable to them. The 8 is the natural successor to the 7, not the X. I think this seems to have been overlooked by a lot of people.

Associate
Probably asked before, but is there any idea what is gonna happen with the 128GB 7 plus users on the apple upgrade program. Seems we are gonna get shafted. Either pay more money or lose storage.

The price is already online, it pretty much will depend on which model you want and you get a trade in value for your current handset.

Dunno if much of the snapchat generation can afford to drop that kinda cash on a phone tbh

Finance. There's always the traditional contract route as well

Man of Honour
Yeah people forget the world we live in now in terms of social media and other big internet fads. The amount of money in Snapchat and similar apps, of course Apple is going to market features to ride that money wave. Why are people surprised?

Soldato
OP
I wasn't able to watch the stream of the event live last night but got caught up this morning.

Very impressed with the engineering on the Apple Watch Series 3 to get LTE in there and keep the same size and dimensions as the Series 2. I'm a happy Series 2 owner and won't be upgrading but will probably invest in a few new bands though.

iPhone 8 looks good and will probably be my upgrade this year, seeing as I'm still using my trusty iPhone 6. iPhone X looks absolutely stunning! The technology behind Face ID looks really impressive.

Soldato
Probably asked before, but is there any idea what is gonna happen with the 128GB 7 plus users on the apple upgrade program. Seems we are gonna get shafted. Either pay more money or lose storage.

Yeah.. I'm a 256GB 7+ user but I can't stomach the 256GB price for the X so i'll be going down to 64GB

Soldato
Yeah.. I'm a 256GB 7+ user but I can't stomach the 256GB price for the X so i'll be going down to 64GB

Me too which is an absolute joke. The idea was get a new phone every year, thought it would be the same spec maybe with a small increase of a quid or two. The cynic in me thinks they got rid of 128GB phones as they sold a load of them and want those people to stump up for the 256.

I'll be going from 128GB 7plus to 64GB 8 Plus to keep payments similar.

It's not meant to be, it's a flagship device. No one buys a £3k+ MacBook Pro to browse the web and use Office, they buy a device suitable to them. The 8 is the natural successor to the 7, not the X. I think this seems to have been overlooked by a lot of people.

I can see that but a 3k macbook would have much better specifications than a cheaper model. The OLED screen can't be responsible for the cost difference as there are better screens on cheaper phones, that leaves you with face recognition and those emoji's. I am struggling to see how they make the phone 'flagship', its more a slight upgrade to the 8 at a very noticeable price increase.

Wozza2k thankfully my wife has not reduced herself to snapchat filters, but I fear its only a matter of time. She really likes the talking emoji's on the X! Its fine, we have had a good 9 years together :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If I'm able to use the Watch 3 to have my SIM card and hand it all off to a Bluetooth connected iPod, i'll sell my SE for an iPod 6th gen.
The battery life on the Apple watch 3 is 1 hour when using it in a call. Good luck.

Very impressed with the engineering on the Apple Watch Series 3 to get LTE in there and keep the same size and dimensions as the Series 2. I'm a happy Series 2 owner and won't be upgrading but will probably invest in a few new bands though.

It's slightly fatter than the series 2.

Soldato

So what does the X allow you to do that the 8 doesn't? Nothing, so your argument falls flat :p
I'll stick with my S8+, best phone I have ever had, bar none!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom