*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The price is already online, it pretty much will depend on which model you want and you get a trade in value for your current handset.

Finance. There's always the traditional contract route as well

That's the thing, with contracts, even a £1000 phone is affordable for everyone. Well, it is often unaffordable, but people who have to have the latest gadgets will often ignore that side of it and plunge into a contract they cannot really afford. There's also the fact that mobile phones often have much lower credit demands than other types of finance like credit cards and loans. An eighteen year old straight out of sixth form can stroll into Carphone Warehouse and pick up any phone they like. I've got £800 phones before when I've had a default on my credit file!

Associate
It's not even a status symbol, the richest person I know who owns a property portfolio well into the 8 figures and spends his time in between the UK and the Mediterranean with his wife doing whatever he wants owns...

an iPhone 5.

not even an S.

I guess what's most annoying is that is it being touted as a status exclusive symbol and they're jacking up the price to justify this "exclusivity" when your local corsa driving inbreds are the actual target audience.

Man of Honour
I can see that but a 3k macbook would have much better specifications than a cheaper model. The OLED screen can't be responsible for the cost difference as there are better screens on cheaper phones, that leaves you with face recognition and those emoji's. I am struggling to see how they make the phone 'flagship', its more a slight upgrade to the 8 at a very noticeable price increase.
:D

So what does the X allow you to do that the 8 doesn't? Nothing, so your argument falls flat :p
I'll stick with my S8+, best phone I have ever had, bar none!

I'll stick to my iPhone, I tried Android and to me it's simply not as good as iOS and it's the OS we use day in and day out.

It's the screen and the features that face scanning technologies bring.

You say better displays but there's more to them than resolution and PPI.

I do agree it should have a better CPU/GPU than the 8 though.

Soldato
The stainless steel Apple Watch doesn’t do anything extra over the basic model but it’s still worth the extra money IMO. It looks and feels so much nicer.

I could easily see the same applying to the iPhone X over the iPhone 8.

I realise look and feel isn’t everyone’s priority though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom