Current good Washing Machines

Soldato
Hey,

So a couple of weeks after moving house, our washing machine has gone pop. Repair chap says that it's not really worth repairing the Indesit washer/dryer we currently have.

The new house has a utility room, so we can have a separate washer and drier now.

Searching around the forum finds some old threads with LG as the top washer, but is that still the case? Miele would be nice but are most likely out of budget at the moment.

Something around £400 max £500 is ideal.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I could have a non-integrated washing machine I'd get the best LG direct drive I could afford they are fantastic, dryer wise if you can vent it externally get a cheapo white knight, if it needs to condense get a good one ie Bosch as the cheap ones don't condense very well and will leave you with moisture in the house.

Soldato
Had a Beko washing machine for years a good 8 years, always overfilled it as it was only a 5kg drum yet it never skipped a beat!
In that time frame my mum went through two Bosch machines a Zanussi and a Hotpoint (the Hotpoint is current).

Indesit are old Hotpoint but they have improved the quality. I've had one for two years without an issue and my partner also has had one slightly longer, three years. I did get a free extended warranty from my work though but not had to use it.

I don't think it is worth spending the extra on Bosch or AEG these days when you get such good quality from lower cost brands.

Soldato
OP
Improved since what sort of date? My two year old Indesit is destined for the tip after it's landed me a sufficiently chunky bill. It's a brand I actively looked for when we needed a cheap washer/drier, but one I had set myself to avoid given recent experiences.

Permabanned
I don't think it is worth spending the extra on Bosch or AEG these days when you get such good quality from lower cost brands.

I did a very deep research on the specifications and got a 1600 rpm spinner with A+++ -50% for 600 euros only from AEG. All the rest were inferior either in the spinner speed or the electricity bill efficiency.

Improved since what sort of date? My two year old Indesit is destined for the tip after it's landed me a sufficiently chunky bill. It's a brand I actively looked for when we needed a cheap washer/drier, but one I had set myself to avoid given recent experiences.

Honestly? Since the early 90's lol. I used to sell them in those days and they were shocking. As were Hotpoint, seals would fail, doors, motors etc. AEG and Bosch in those days were head and shoulders above the competition. These days the gap seems less wide as I have had great experiences with both mine and my partner's Indesit machines.

I did a very deep research on the specifications and got a 1600 rpm spinner with A+++ -50% for 600 euros only from AEG. All the rest were inferior either in the spinner speed or the electricity bill efficiency.

AEG used to just be posh versions on Electolux/Zanussi and used the same quality of parts. Perhaps this has improved.

Soldato
OP
Honestly? Since the early 90's lol. I used to sell them in those days and they were shocking. As were Hotpoint, seals would fail, doors, motors etc. AEG and Bosch in those days were head and shoulders above the competition. These days the gap seems less wide as I have had great experiences with both mine and my partner's Indesit machines.

Unfortunately, honestly. Our fridge is an Indesit, bought the same time as the washing machine, and it's fine at the fridgey things it does. This washing machine has always been pretty average at best, but this is the second call out and fixing it via either the Indesit warranty that only covers parts, or via our local repair man, has now tipped against saving the thing.

I had heard the same about AEG as well, but would be interested to know if that is different now.

Permabanned
AEG used to just be posh versions on Electolux/Zanussi and used the same quality of parts. Perhaps this has improved.

I had heard the same about AEG as well, but would be interested to know if that is different now.

My AEG is with 5 years Full Warranty plus 10 years extended Motor Warranty.

The old Gorenje which has worked since 2005ish is still okeyish and lurking around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom