Rees-Mogg: increased usage of food banks 'uplifting'

Soldato
So a young girl could be raped by a family member and forced to go full term with the pregnancy and give birth, and that's just fine and dandy for Rees-Mogg.

Calm down

You know, I know and Rees-Mogg knows that scenario cannot and would not happen under British law. He was quite clear in the interview that the law could not change without full parliamentry backing. He believes all life is precious and that the babies life is as equally important as the young girls. It is not an argument I agree with but it is certainly a strong argument and should be at least given the time of day.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Rubbish, finish the statement he also mentioned significantly about his beliefs.

His beliefs which he picks and chooses what suits him.

Hippocratic fool level 3.

Please try to defend him more its fun.

Soldato
Calm down

You know, I know and Rees-Mogg knows that scenario cannot and would not happen under British law. He was quite clear in the interview that the law could not change without full parliamentry backing. He believes all life is precious and that the babies life is as equally important as the young girls. It is not an argument I agree with but it is certainly a strong argument and should be at least given the time of day.

Who said the scenario would happen under UK law? I certainly didn't.

Permabanned
Nobody is denying him his views, they are just objecting to his views. Bloody righties carrying pitchforks.

He is saying its not the Tories fault more people are using foodbanks, its not us, its not austerity measures, its because more people know about them.......

Caporegime
Nobody is denying him his views, they are just objecting to his views. Bloody righties carrying pitchforks.

He is saying its not the Tories fault more people are using foodbanks, its not us, its not austerity measures, its because more people know about them.......

Don't forget the rise is because they've told people about them, unlike Labour who didn't.

Soldato
I used to be a die hard Guardian reader a few years ago, I don't know if I just woke up or if it has gone donwhill, but this is purposeful manipulation of what he said and I no longer read the publication because of it.

Yep, I hate the way much of the media tries to twist words to fit their particular agenda these days. If you're not checking several sources these days then you're definitely not getting the full story.

Another recent example I can think of: As much as I dislike Jean-Claude Juncker, you only have to look at some of the headlines to see his words being twisted into something obviously designed to make people angry.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Not really the same you do not need fake sources to understand and know Mogg is a nasty human being.

Soldato
Yeah, doesn't sound like it on here with all the lefties carrying flaming torches.

So it's a good sign that hard working people who can't earn enough in their job to support their family, usually through earning **** poor wages in an insecure job that they hate, is fine because they can be fed by the food banks that stock food that has been donated by those better off who are charitable? This isn't the first conservative to praise food banks for being there to look after people.

We live in the country with the fifth biggest economy in the world. If this is what some people find acceptable in this country, while these people are free to have their opinion, I know exactly where they can stick it.

Soldato
The story is actually that he claims Labour didn't tell people about food banks hence the rise. This is very questionable indeed and I find it highly unlikely.

If the paper ran with that story wouldn't it have been enough? Why the manipulation to try and assassinate his character?

Back
Top Bottom