BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm very tempted to move back to Plusnet, I'm about to come to the end of my contract with Zen (I left PN for them), and while Zen are good, I can't see how they can justify the price.

Soldato
Just a heads up, it seems BT are doing deals for existing customers these days, they didnt last year when i looked into it.

I was on Infinity 3, now upgraded to Infinity 4 including evening/weekend calling plan/line rental for £60 for the next 24 months.

Happy with that :)

Man of Honour
Just got the BT infinity 1 boost. Went from the 52 to the 76 for free. It's pretty nice.

I don't understand what happens at contract renewal though.. Do I have to pay more to keep it, or will it downgrade to 52 again? More speed is nice but I don't need it enough to warrant more cost.

Associate
Just got the BT infinity 1 boost. Went from the 52 to the 76 for free. It's pretty nice.

I don't understand what happens at contract renewal though.. Do I have to pay more to keep it, or will it downgrade to 52 again? More speed is nice but I don't need it enough to warrant more cost.
It would make sense for them to change the base package to be "Up to 76" instead of when it was 52.

Associate
Yeah.. seems a bit of a cop out to double bt cloud storage, i bet they could only do that because double 0% usage is still 0. I just hope i see some more goods for my money, in a few months the contract will end so i'll tune it down then

Soldato
Kinda leaves Infinity2 customers in an awkward spot too. Paying more for same product.

Maybe they will look to try squeezing out some more speed for the Infinity 2 customers...

Infinity 2 will probably be replaced with a 160/30 Mb/s package using G.fast (or FTTP). Infinity 3 will then go to 330/50 Mb/s using G.fast (or FTTP). Both of these packages will be available to ISPs from Openreach soon. I am not sure if Infinity 4 (currently 300/30 Mb/s) will see a speed boost but if it does it'll remain FTTP only.

Associate
Infinity 2 will probably be replaced with a 160/30 Mb/s package using G.fast (or FTTP). Infinity 3 will then go to 330/50 Mb/s using G.fast (or FTTP). Both of these packages will be available to ISPs from Openreach soon. I am not sure if Infinity 4 (currently 300/30 Mb/s) will see a speed boost but if it does it'll remain FTTP only.

I am on 4 with FTTP, hopefully they will increase my speeds, as I have a deal on my account currently, £46.99 for Infinity 4 + line rental for 24 months... (12 month minimum term contract on my infinity 4)

Back
Top Bottom