The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
We've had two break ups previously, we've been together just over a year. It goes from highs to making you feel like the worst person in the world. It's like being with someone you cant be with and you cant be without, if that makes sense?

You don't deserve that sort of relationship.

When you mention that she was joking about a comment she made, she wasn't, but took it personally instead of saying sorry. The world revolves around herself.

Caporegime
Both you guys need to get rid. (congratulations Matt shouldn't stay miserable but it's hard to break it off)

I would never date someone who was materialistic like that. It's a terrible trait. Even worse is the guilt tripping. She sounds like a spoilt selfish manipulative person to me.
I've never had the misfortune to date someone like that luckily

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Done it, feel better already - thank you!

My super thread from many exes ago saved myself... again!

That's a shame Matt but really sounds like you were hanging onto it there and despite not liking being alone, you need your freedom. Funny when you see the Facebook side of things, you wouldn't have a clue your relationship was that way. Good to know we all have similar issues behind all that (I'm a bad one for comparing myself).

I felt being an outdoors person and flicking through all the vapid looking Tinder and PoF matches I'd struggle to find someone like-minded and into the same things that would wanna be with me. But I was surprised how many I matched with and I've been lucky to share time with someone very like minded, and although that didn't work out, I have since met someone also similar. So don't worry about all that, but don't rush.

At the end of the day, we're looking to meet our best friends we wanna get naked with. That's how I see a good relationship. Don't settle for a project or half a job. If it's an effort you need to question within a year, it's not worth it IMO.

Associate
Got an interesting weekend coming up, 2nd date tonight with a new girl I met online, she seems quite keen so far, and I quite fancy her too, but also meeting the ex tomorrow night for a "drink". It's been tough getting over the breakup, it felt really unlucky and the split was unexpected as we were quite happy together beforehand, but now that I've finally made some progress and feeling like my own man again she wants to remake plans we had made when we were together, and has asked to meet. She's been in contact occasionally for usually innocuous reasons but this time her tone is more serious, I don't really know her motivation currently but somethings up and she wants to talk. Now that I have options I feel less at the mercy of my emotions at least, I swear women are like buses.

Man of Honour
This isn't the first time....

This was a little while ago now - I was in a shop she picked up a dress, asked if it looked nice I said yes she looked lovely. Not long after that she went depressed and snappy, when I asked her why, she said " I'm not happy because you didn't buy me that dress, you know I liked it "
Mag to grid. I wouldn't stand that!

Caporegime
Got an interesting weekend coming up, 2nd date tonight with a new girl I met online, she seems quite keen so far, and I quite fancy her too, but also meeting the ex tomorrow night for a "drink". It's been tough getting over the breakup, it felt really unlucky and the split was unexpected as we were quite happy together beforehand, but now that I've finally made some progress and feeling like my own man again she wants to remake plans we had made when we were together, and has asked to meet. She's been in contact occasionally for usually innocuous reasons but this time her tone is more serious, I don't really know her motivation currently but somethings up and she wants to talk. Now that I have options I feel less at the mercy of my emotions at least, I swear women are like buses.

If there was cause for break up (like new partner or something) don't go back! If it was circumstances (ie long distance) I'd give it a go

Soldato

Unless you have kids together then I would never meet any of my ex's for a "drink" Especially went it's them making the first call!

Man of Honour
The only times I met my ex was for sex, but we were like animals together. It was about the only thing that kept us together for so long. But some people can't separate sex from feelings. I definitely would advise not going for a drink.

Associate

Risky.

New girl. New adventure.

Associate
Risky.

New girl. New adventure.

It would be risky juggling both at the same time, but I don't intend on doing that. I'm not involved with new girl yet and would want to take things slow and date some more first anyway so no harm done, this is probably the first time this has happened to me so it's certainly new territory, but I feel less invested either way which is definitely a better place to be making decisions from now.

Soldato
OP

Oh yay, time for me to give something back after the useful advice I got last light :)

RUN THE **** AWAY

You are welcome. Nothing good will come of it, you might stir up some old feelings and start pining after her all over again and she's just angling for a smash.
I did this years ago, dated for another 9 months and it was hell. ABORT MISSION

Soldato

This gon' b good.jpg.

You've already failed the test. If you were really not at the mercy of your emotions you wouldn't be going back.

Back
Top Bottom