Xbox One X

Soldato
Hope you're right! Does anyone know the cheapest way I can get Fallout 3 with the DLC? Doesn't seem to be many copies of the GOTY on ebay. I understand that GOTY had the dlc on the disk. I want Oblivion too as I never got into it before.

Associate
Argos swapped it.... Yet again! This one has a build date of October 12th and running the insects demo which basically made the others fan's go into overdrive this thing is barely audible. I've read several reports of this fan up down issue not just on here so something must be amiss as I've had three. If I'm spending £450 quid I'd like it to work properly.

Soldato
Argos swapped it.... Yet again! This one has a build date of October 12th and running the insects demo which basically made the others fan's go into overdrive this thing is barely audible. I've read several reports of this fan up down issue not just on here so something must be amiss as I've had three. If I'm spending £450 quid I'd like it to work properly.

Did you ever contact MS or always back to Argos?

Associate
Did you ever contact MS or always back to Argos?
I spoke to Microsoft who told me this was normal behaviour for the X but I think that's not the case. On three of the machines I've had the fan was constantly hunting while under heavy load it didn't do it on the dashboard or on games like trackmania but as soon as you played a game like Battlefront 2 it was awful. Obviously you are going to have a variation in fan RPM on certain games but it was like a leaf blower at times and the machine I had yesterday bearing in mind it's in a well ventilated area was exceptionally warm. I can only describe the fault as the cooling system doing its job but at an exaggerated level so it makes it even more odd and worrying that it was getting so hot.

Soldato
Im not au fait with MS store deals / offers rotation / frequency.

Am I right in thinking there will be further offers discounts leading up to Christmas?

I know PSN has offers all the time but I havent had an xbox one before so was just wondering.

Associate
After all these reports I will be throwing a proper tantrum if mine it a blower like the PS Pro was/is. Glad you got a 'good' one in the end.
Cheers, it's a nice piece of kit but it seems to have a few teething issues, luckily not everyone is experiencing them and hopefully you wont either.

Soldato
Had a game earlier, stopped to watch tv. Came back and it wouldn't display on screen. The console turned on and could hear the disc spinning but nothing. Turned it off and on but still no luck. Ejected the disc and then it worked.. bit weird

Soldato
I've had it a couple of times where i've turned the xbox on and all thats displayed on screen is static. Turning it off again and back on sorts it out. Apart from that i've not had any noise issues or errors.

In other news Fortnite will get its X enhanced patch at 9am this morning :)

Soldato
In other news Fortnite will get its X enhanced patch at 9am this morning :)
Are there any details on what they're doing to enhance it? One of the things I like about consoles is the level playing field, but with the potential to increase draw distances this could give players an advantage if they can see you from further away.

Soldato
Are there any details on what they're doing to enhance it? One of the things I like about consoles is the level playing field, but with the potential to increase draw distances this could give players an advantage if they can see you from further away.

Solid details are hard to come by, even in EPIC's own tweet on the patch they dont go into detail on what improvements there are. From what i've seen though its 4k at 30fps.

Soldato
Silent when playing a game at 4k? Always dubious about these claims, too many factors involved.

They all make a noise, it just depends on a lot of factors like you say, distance from console, is the console in a closed cabinet and so on. The X is quite though, the fan on my X does not fluctuate, like it does on my PS4 pro.
If someone gets relatively close to the console playing a high intensive 4k/hdr game and mutes the volume everyone would hear the fan. I sit quite close to mine and don't play at high volume and can hear the fan working, but its not loud and I do not notice it when playing really, unless I mute volume and listen, on the dash its silent I would say.

Saying this it's still the quietest console I have owned.

Soldato
Also remember some xbox one x's have a higher power requirement compared to others. Those experiencing a noisy console could just be unlucky with the silicon lottery with power draw. Every console is different, and noise is subjective.

Soldato

XBOX
  • Fortnite now supports Xbox One X in 4K!
    • Fortnite on Xbox One X pushes the game’s visual settings comparable to what you’d see on a PC set to “Epic” quality.
    • This includes better-quality reflections (including screen space reflections being enabled); higher quality post processes like motion blur, anti-aliasing, and depth of field; great draw distances; more detailed foliage; shadow casting enabled on more lights and objects; and higher resolution textures and shadows.
    • Content is rendered at 80% of 4K and then upsampled to 4K via a high-quality software upsampler. The HUD is rendered in 4K.
  • Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
  • Fixed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.

Back
Top Bottom