Xbox One X

Associate
Well compared to the last one this thing runs cooler and is so much quieter, it has a bit of a creaky case at the back but i'm going to live with that lol!

Soldato
This includes better-quality reflections (including screen space reflections being enabled); higher quality post processes like motion blur, anti-aliasing, and depth of field; great draw distances; more detailed foliage; shadow casting enabled on more lights and objects; and higher resolution textures and shadows.
Thanks for digging that out!

That bit worries me. You can't have that in the competitive modes.

Soldato
It might work the same as PUBG, greater draw distances for foliage and the likes but not players.

Pretty sure that's how PUBG works anyway.
They're smart people, hopefully they've taken the same strategy. I don't mind if the detail of distance items are bumped up, but I don't need a sniper watching me when I can't see them.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
XBOX
  • Fortnite now supports Xbox One X in 4K!
    • Fortnite on Xbox One X pushes the game’s visual settings comparable to what you’d see on a PC set to “Epic” quality.
    • This includes better-quality reflections (including screen space reflections being enabled); higher quality post processes like motion blur, anti-aliasing, and depth of field; great draw distances; more detailed foliage; shadow casting enabled on more lights and objects; and higher resolution textures and shadows.
    • Content is rendered at 80% of 4K and then upsampled to 4K via a high-quality software upsampler. The HUD is rendered in 4K.
  • Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
  • Fixed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.

Shame there's no 1080P 60FPS options with the extra eye candy. I'd rather have 1080 @ 60 than 4K @ 30 any day.

Associate
Well after much hinting and discussion the wife let slip she's got me a Scorpio edition for xmas :D Very excited to have play on it, she is expecting a big difference from what i've been saying about it so hopefully she'll see its a justified purchase lol. Not sure which game to try first tho, whats game in people's opinion is the one they've seen biggest difference in visual quality or just a good showcase of the console?

Associate
I picked up origins, forza 7, and cod when i picked my console up, origins looks and plays great, playing on a 65" 4K hdr tv, I'm a pc gamer through and through but the one x had seriously impressed me for a console, lots of other games have the one x treatment and benefit greatly from it, for ref I'm used to my Acer predator x34, 7700k and a 1080ti, just something satisfying about plonking your backside in front of the tv and playing games that look as good as they do.

Yes im loving it, but I'd give origins a blast for sure.

Caporegime
Glad to hear it

Nothing wrong with just enjoying the simplicity of a console where it looks good and you don't have to worry about changing graphics settings or starting up Afterburner to monitor FPS/temps etc.

Soldato
Contemplating getting this. Been a sony boy but haven't had a console since last year which was a PS4 pro. Not heavily Invested in Sony either.

Fancy a Xbox X just for forza/cod series. Is it worth it? Will it play games at 1080p 60fps also do I still need to get batteries for the controller?

Soldato
I've been a PS4 and PC boy since the 360 days, but now I have the X I'm finding myself swaying back to Microsofts corner. I'm fed up of rinsing through Poundland AA batteries though so can you guys recommend a good charging kit for the controller?
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom