THE 50K CHALLENGE: NEW MUSTANG ON THE WAY, BUT WOULD 50K BE BETTER SPENT ON ANOTHER MARQUE?

Permabanned
Usually they will negotiate with you to sell the car on your behalf for something like this... so there can be wiggle room at the end while keeping your headaches low.

The balloon payment will be conservative so that they won't go into negative equity.

If I remember correctly... on a low mileage £140k example I think they offered me a £65k GFV (for the balloon) over 3 years and 30k miles.

OcUK Staff
OP
Your all going to hate me, but this whole balloon idea just has me thinking of getting the SVR Jag, there is just something about the car I really like, maybe its just it kind of feels like driving a yank muscle car in a way, its almost like a British muscle / sports car.

Based on what people are saying I could just say:
40k down
20k over 2yr
20k balloon at end

With the SVR and only 20k at end be happy to buy it and yes based on getting one for 80k. :)

I think 600HP would keep my happy. :D

Soldato
Svr cars do sound mental even those school run range rover sports.

Cash is always king though. I personally don't like the finance idea when it comes to cars.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
barmy if you drop 80k on that pal.

If its still worth 80k in a year or even 75k I'd be happy, if it drops below 70k, that I do not like sound off, that is main reason why I am considering cancelling the Mustang, as I just don't like the idea of loosing big money in depreciation and to me to loose over 10k a year is big. Problem is I've not being following Jaguar prices and SVR model for long enough to see if they have began to level out or not yet or if they are still in free fall.

On the plus side, the SVR models are not in too short supply so they will still be for sale in another 3-6 months time and will still be around 80k or less.

Don
I am guessing from his silence, one of the Don's change the locks to this forum and did not give him the new pass code.

Not quite, he's still suspended from his earlier outburst. I don't believe motor access has been removed, though it's a possibility. :)

You're mad for dropping 80k on a jag, on a balloon payment. With how quickly you swap your cars, you'll only lose out in the long run imo.

OcUK Staff
OP
Not quite, he's still suspended from his earlier outburst. I don't believe motor access has been removed, though it's a possibility. :)

You're mad for dropping 80k on a jag, on a balloon payment. With how quickly you swap your cars, you'll only lose out in the long run imo.

Maybe, they are getting the car for me to test drive. The balloon payment I shall keep under 20k, so its not a huge amount of cash to stump up in a couple years time if I want to keep if I go ahead.

I am trying to not rush into anything as plenty about and I want to see if they continue falling in price, but as a good friend said, if you keep it then it does not matter so much.

Yes I change cars a lot but some I've kept for very long periods, 911 (nearly 5yr), original Mustang (4yr) and my M3 I've had now for quite some time, must be 4-5 years. :)

Also I think with my original Mustang if it had not had the two weaknesses it had, auto and wet handling I'd have kept it as I really did love the car, people diss Mustangs, but it generally comes from those who aint owned them and I remember when it was first announced all the naysayers saying it will fail, yet it succeeded and did so hugely.

But I won't lie I really like the Jag, it is shouty and loud like a Mustang, its got a fantastic auto and AWD (RWD biased) which really solves the issues I had with my Mustang, only real downside, double the price because someone here at work showed me SVR, I hate that person. :D

Permabanned
If its still worth 80k in a year or even 75k I'd be happy, if it drops below 70k, that I do not like sound off, that is main reason why I am considering cancelling the Mustang, as I just don't like the idea of loosing big money in depreciation and to me to loose over 10k a year is big. Problem is I've not being following Jaguar prices and SVR model for long enough to see if they have began to level out or not yet or if they are still in free fall.

On the plus side, the SVR models are not in too short supply so they will still be for sale in another 3-6 months time and will still be around 80k or less.

Ask for a PCP quote... see what the GFV is... then you'll have an idea of trend, even if they under-estimate.

I'd bet that SVR will be under £70k in a years time. Jags have some of the worst residual values of any premium car.

Soldato
Maybe, they are getting the car for me to test drive. The balloon payment I shall keep under 20k, so its not a huge amount of cash to stump up in a couple years time if I want to keep if I go ahead.

You dont get to set the balloon payment. It's based simply on the value of the car at the end of the agreement. :)

Permabanned
if your getting into debt though then it might aswell be for the GT3.
the jag will lose you money.

you buy the jag people will be like yeh nice car, buy the GT3 and people will be like thats amazing.

Back
Top Bottom