• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Put your GPUs to use! - OcUK Mining Pool ***

Permabanned
all the info you need is right here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-and-quickstart-guide-in-first-post.18803113/

it's as simple as following that first post.

step 1. create a wallet.
step 2. download the xmr stak zip file
step 3. unzip it and run the .exe file

it will then ask you questions and you enter your wallet details and the mining pool address and it starts mining straight away

seriously it's a 5 minute job and could be done by a 12 year old

i've set it up on 4 rigs within half an hour

do you need a graphics card or can you run it off an integrated one too?

Permabanned
you need a CPU or GPU.

CPU make pennies per day. GPU make £'s per day.

basically you want as many gpu's as possible. integrated gpu's aren't real gpu's but rather cpu's.
i just made a thread on buying a nvidia 1060... is there certain cards better for mining? temps arent an issues as i have enough fans and cpu is on a closed water loop

Caporegime
Why is it that some companies (was it Powercolor?) that wouldn't honor warranties on cards used for mining (ignoring if they can prove it) if there's so little risk?

Impossible to prove regardless. People are still mining on 750tis and they are ancient. If it was that bad for them they still wouldn't be running.

My GPUs are all undervolted run at 54c.

The only thing I'm worried about is replacing fans but I will have sold the cards by the time the bearings go, made my money back plus more on top and replaced them with newer more powerful cards

Associate
I’d like to give this a go but my pc is water cooled (custom loop). Anyone run a similar setup?

My gpu is a 1080ti, how much would that make a day?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
What's vega56 like for mining? Worth leaving it on for 8 hours a day mining??

Vega's are very impressive at mining Electroneum, as you're looking at $8.50 ~ per day after power on average and they are very power efficient after tweaking.

Soldato
Vega's are very impressive at mining Electroneum, as you're looking at $8.50 ~ per day after power on average and they are very power efficient after tweaking.

When you say tweaking mate, what do you mean, fan profile for temps?? I@ll give it a go but not sure how to go about doing mining. reference vega56 can be whooshy. At 100% load it'll be noisy

Man of Honour
When you say tweaking mate, what do you mean, fan profile for temps?? I@ll give it a go but not sure how to go about doing mining. reference vega56 can be whooshy. At 100% load it'll be noisy

Over/underclocks.

You can turn the power limit and core clocks down substantially reducing noise/heat while pushing the memory clocks as that where the gains are made mining

Soldato
I'm really tempted in buying 2x Vega 56 and leaving them mining at work... Any idea how long it would take to get my money back? bearing in mind I wouldn't be paying for power?

Back
Top Bottom