Car thieves

I haz 4090!
Don
Just posting to vent really. My neighbour has just been round to say that she's been broken into for the second time in three months, and they were after the keys to my car. The parking arrangement is strange where I live and it means I park my car around the corner in front of her house. The first time they levered the window open and were climbing through, they woke her up and she ran downstairs shouting before they could get through and into the house.

Last night she was in bed and she heard a noise downstairs, they'd snapped the lock off and were just about to get in when she ran downstairs again and they legged it. Rang the police and they didn't say anything other than:

"They won't stop until they get it now."

I feel awful for her, she lives on her own with her 11 year old son, I'd gladly move it elsewhere but there's really nowhere else to put it. I think I'm going to get a tracker fitted with a stinger, and give her the spare keys to put on the windowsill. That way if it goes, I can stop the car, lock them in and tell the police where to go pick them up.

Why can't you have anything without some scrote trying to steal it?

I haz 4090!
Don
OP
I wonder if your insurance company would have anything to say about that though.

That's a good point, I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Got it in one Dav4 - it's a Golf R.

I would park it somewhere else if I could, but it's allocated parking, and the thing is that the police say they've associated her house with the car now, and they'll be back.

I might rent a garage somewhere and leave it there until I move (planning to move early-ish this year) and get myself an old focus or something in the meantime, until I've a garage to put it in.

Soldato
Hah! I've told her to put a sign in the window saying the car isn't mine, but she didn't want to as she saw it as antisocial. I just don't want her to have to worry about being broken into constantly.
Put a sign in your window saying it's your car :p

Soldato
Hah! I've told her to put a sign in the window saying the car isn't mine, but she didn't want to as she saw it as antisocial. I just don't want her to have to worry about being broken into constantly.

TBF, I doubt they're going to believe a sign in her window now anyway, unless you do as Kenai says and clarify where they'll find the keys by marking your own house for being broken into.

Soldato
Got it in one Dav4 - it's a Golf R.

I would park it somewhere else if I could, but it's allocated parking, and the thing is that the police say they've associated her house with the car now, and they'll be back.
Thought so :D. People can pull any internet stats up they want but in the real world the Golf R and Audi S3 are the 2 most targeted cars in the UK especially by gangs who want them for robberies etc as the plod in there 1.6 Diesel Hyundai’s have no chance of catching them.
Look on Pistonheads and Facebook there is thread after thread of them being stolen. It’s just not worth the hassle. Your better buying a 2 door car if you want fast because that will put most of them off targeting it to use in other crime as they need 4 doors for there bruv’s to jump in and out of :D
Be careful though op because if they have failed to get the keys they might take to following you to get them with force. I would park it somewhere else with family or friends for a while and buy an old banger for £500 to put in its place and to use going to and from work for a month or so till they get bored and look elsewhere

Associate
Meanwhile in most US states you could sit there and wait, then blow them away with an AR15 :D

I feel awful for her, she lives on her own with her 11 year old son, I'd gladly move it elsewhere but there's really nowhere else to put it. I think I'm going to get a tracker fitted with a stinger, and give her the spare keys to put on the windowsill. That way if it goes, I can stop the car, lock them in and tell the police where to go pick them up.

Why can't you have anything without some scrote trying to steal it?

Even if you did capture them the police wouldn't give a damn, it would most probably be you that gets into trouble for kidnapping.

I haz 4090!
Don
OP
Be careful though op because if they have failed to get the keys they might take to following you to get them with force. I would park it somewhere else with family or friends for a while and buy an old banger for £500 to put in its place and to use going to and from work for a month or so till they get bored and look elsewhere

Exactly what I was thinking. My mate lives on a farm with a load of locked barns, so I've text him asking if I can store it there for a few months whilst I move house, and I'll buy a £500 runaround. I only drive 4 miles a day to the train station and back!

Quite fancy another MK2 Mondeo :D

*edit* On the subject of the Police not being able to catch them. I saw a program a few weeks back with a stolen R - it was driving round for about an hour before it ran out of petrol before they could get the guy. :(

Soldato
Meanwhile in most US states you could sit there and wait, then blow them away with an AR15 :D

Even if you did capture them the police wouldn't give a damn, it would most probably be you that gets into trouble for kidnapping.
That’s why car thefts and burglaries are on the rise because there is just no deterrent. Police don’t do anything and even on the slim chance they get caught they get a few months in prison and they are back out to carry on. And if you dare stand up for yourself you get done for assault. It’s a win win for the thieves

Soldato
Exactly what I was thinking. My mate lives on a farm with a load of locked barns, so I've text him asking if I can store it there for a few months whilst I move house, and I'll buy a £500 runaround. I only drive 4 miles a day to the train station and back!

Quite fancy another MK2 Mondeo :D

*edit* On the subject of the Police not being able to catch them. I saw a program a few weeks back with a stolen R - it was driving round for about an hour before it ran out of petrol before they could get the guy. :(
It might sound extreme to some but that is exactly what I would do in your situation op. You don’t want to put yourself in that position of being attacked or something happening to your neighbor it’s just not worth it especially as you are moving house soon. Just get a mk1 Focus or old Mondeo for £500 for your short journey to work and back once they see the Golf is gone for more than a few weeks they will get bored and go away to find another one.

Soldato
Thought so :D. People can pull any internet stats up they want but in the real world the Golf R and Audi S3 are the 2 most targeted cars in the UK especially by gangs who want them for robberies etc as the plod in there 1.6 Diesel Hyundai’s have no chance of catching them.
Look on Pistonheads and Facebook there is thread after thread of them being stolen. It’s just not worth the hassle. Your better buying a 2 door car if you want fast because that will put most of them off targeting it to use in other crime as they need 4 doors for there bruv’s to jump in and out of :D
You state that internet stats pulled up about the golf r and the s3 aren't accurate but then use internet sites to prove a point. Which is it?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...id-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
I think you'll find it is the owners of golf r's and s3's that just have more to say about it...

Back
Top Bottom