The Ford Mustang Bullitt has returned

Soldato
Looks OK... hate the wheels though and the side profile looks very C63 Coupe.

Still... 500-odd BHP from a THROTTLE BODIED V8 will sound flippin amazing.

Especially if it's the crossflow engine from the GT350... now there's a Mustang I might actually want.

isn't it too cheap for you ? i thought you were after a 200k Ferrari

Caporegime
Probably showing my age here but Bullitt does nothing for me and the car chase is awful. This Mustang is just another GT with a fancy paintjob (which is boring in its own right), fancy rims (which also look crap) and some tatty Bullitt badges on it. It's basically Ford using a famous name to cash in, the car is just a trim level really.

OcUK Staff
Was hinted some months ago, now a reality.

Engine is done same as my old Mustang except it’s a gen3 Coyote so expect Ford to claim around 500HP which is very easy on gen3 Coyote with close to an 8000rpm redline.

Manual only so the regular auto model cars will be quicker but this is great news as no other car manufacturer offers an NA V8 manual in Europe for around £50,000 it’s bargain of century and a real proper drivers car.

I won’t be buying one as I dislike green but just personal preference. If I get a 2018 it will be orange and I may still buy one in a couple of years to sit alongside the SVR. :)

Meanwhile I am driving around USA in a Camaro SS :)

Soldato
the bullitt mustang is also available in black............... yes green can be a dodgy colour one will have to take another look at it in 2 days time once the dust has settled.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes very true, Dad's Capri S all those years ago was a nightmare, esp for swirl marks, it always looked dirty...........the attraction of this Mustang is of course the 500hp, but these parts are easy to source as is anything for a mustang........... the best colour is orange or that burgandy red or even blue.
the green isn't bad but looks worst in the first photo on this thread, it looks fine from the front view and brilliant from the back, but this 1st photo makes the mustang look odd anyway, it looks short and fat

in addition, she looks great in the videos too.........esp the wheels.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
yes very true, Dad's Capri S all those years ago was a nightmare, esp for swirl marks, it always looked dirty...........the attraction of this Mustang is of course the 500hp, but these parts are easy to source as is anything for a mustang........... the best colour is orange or that burgandy red or even blue.

The gen3 with just headers and a tune is a solid 520 horsepower and the parts Ford fit to the Bullit you can just buy for any 18 and it’s very easy to do and that also means you can option the much quicker 10 speed too.

None stock 2018 A10 has gone 11.9@121mph whereas the best time for manual so far is 12.4@116mph which shows how quick the 10 speed is.

Those who have tuned the 2018 have gone into low eleven second quarter mile times with tyre, tune and headers which for simple NA bolt-ons is seriously impressive and I think there might be a couple already into high tens NA with the A10 :)

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPY_jGVptPg

yea she looks great, one can look and look and end up worrying about nothing............. not being built till June :cool:

the 500-520hp is definitely the way to go, this Bullitt is manual only so i've no choice. i think it's either this or a Yank drag car from the 60s/70s, but this will mean improving its handling by quite a lot, i'm prepared for this.

how's the Camaro SS ?????????????

OcUK Staff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPY_jGVptPg

yea she looks great, one can look and look and end up worrying about nothing............. not being built till June :cool:

the 500-520hp is definitely the way to go, this Bullitt is manual only so i've no choice. i think it's either this or a Yank drag car from the 60s/70s, but this will mean improving its handling by quite a lot, i'm prepared for this.

how's the Camaro SS ?????????????

It’s a good car, great engine, way more torque and power in the 1000-3000rpm compared to Mustang 5.0 but is lacking up to compared to a Mustang but it pulls so hard it is hard to notice. It piles on speed very fast and out here the roads are great for giving it some.

The auto is OK not sure if it’s a ZF8 but if it is Jag did a way better job as it’s a bit slow on paddles.

Handling is great as it’s got magnetic dampers on it.

But the car feels very big on the road which I think a lot is down to the high shut lines and huge windscreen pillars.

The interior I am shocked by though it’s so much cheap plastic inside, even the dash is plastic with no leather, maybe it’s an option but the Mustang has a far better interior by comparison.

Caporegime
``Expected to be priced at less than the £32,000, 526bhp GT350,

The GT350 is not available in the uK in RHD and in the uSA it is $70k+ which is £50k no where near £32k.

So not a hope on earth that the Bullitt will be anywhere near £32k.

Current 2018 GT's are £42 to £49K in RHD in the UK, and the Bullitt will definitely be a premium over those, so I doubt it will be any less than £50 to £55k minimum.

Looks OK... hate the wheels though and the side profile looks very C63 Coupe.

Still... 500-odd BHP from a THROTTLE BODIED V8 will sound flippin amazing.

Especially if it's the crossflow engine from the GT350... now there's a Mustang I might actually want.

It's still the current 5.0L crossplane crank gen 3 Coyote from the current 2018 Mustang GT, not the 5.2l flat plane crank Voodoo from the GT350.

Soldato
``Expected to be priced at less than the £32,000, 526bhp GT350,............that's a quote i didn't write that :eek:, of course it''ll be at 50k or over, that quote is there in response to ``we wont be getting the Bullitt in u.k``.

the Camaro has very poor visibility aft........made far worst by being LHD only, it would be a total nightmare in the New Forest, i would much rather have the WRX STI than the Camaro SS.

Permabanned
The GT350 is not available in the uK in RHD and in the uSA it is $70k+ which is £50k no where near £32k.

So not a hope on earth that the Bullitt will be anywhere near £32k.

Current 2018 GT's are £42 to £49K in RHD in the UK, and the Bullitt will definitely be a premium over those, so I doubt it will be any less than £50 to £55k minimum.

It's still the current 5.0L crossplane crank gen 3 Coyote from the current 2018 Mustang GT, not the 5.2l flat plane crank Voodoo from the GT350.

Awwwww... such a shame... it’s the fpc 5.2l I want :(

Soldato
you can still raise its horsepower quite easily, what we need to know is its price..............but not for you though because you're loaded, you're not a mere mortal :p

my God it looks and sounds flipping awesome, i think i prefer this to the Challenger Widebody or even the Camaro ZL1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMHKt9g9Uo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom