The Ford Mustang Bullitt has returned

Soldato
Totally pointless road car and not something you can hire anyway.

Demon is not a road car!
Widebody Hellcat would be the one but the handling on that stuff can’t rival a Mustang let alone GM stuff.
yea the Widebody is a comfy cruiser, it's not for throwing around.........the Widebody handles pretty well just not as good as a Mustang, it's downfall is simply the price !

Soldato
ok, so according to this the limit of the stock Coyote engine could be as much as 800hp crank, which is in contradiction to what i read on that forum, maybe that forum was older postings, could've been 8 years ago because i didn't notice the dates.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/s550-coyote-power-limits.html

whatever the case it seems this engine is pretty strong, one doesn't want to go crazy ( cant afford to ) but 600hp seems ok to me

i imagine the stock crank will be fine because they usually are.............we dont need the intake manifold or the induction kit (Bullitt only) , but we might need an even larger throttle body/spray rails/injectors/larger fuel pump and ported cylinder heads, as i dont know right now where we'd get the additional 100hp from..........so i'm just guessing

race cylinder heads including cams will be expensive, probably around $3k (guess only) and you'd deffo need Headers, the Bullitt exhaust is different but i expect it's just tuned to sound more like the original car.

there aint much for the 2018 mustang it being brand new but there's loads for the 2017, my guess is it's the same block ????? Gibbo will know ;)

i expect it is and that's why it's not listed..............i'm a duuurr brain :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just bolt a Roush Phase 2 supercharger direct to stock engine/exhaust and get a very usable and reliable 727hp 610 ft/lb for about £8k

Nothing else needs changing, no new throttle body/spray rails/injectors/larger fuel pump and ported cylinder heads, or anything, except a few new bits all included in the kit, certainly nothing major on the engine needs changing from stock.

https://nemesisuk.com/collections/r...-2-727-hp-calibrated-roush-performance-422001

If money is not an issue and you do want to go mental with the engine then sky's the limit really, here is a 3,000 hp Coyote engine, granted not quite stock at that power level :)

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/3000hp-coyote-engine-find-details/

As they say the stock block only started having issues when getting towards 2,000hp, under that they were still using the stock block, just using different cylinder sleeves.

Altogether the Coyote is a very capable engine.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Gen2 Coyote the best options are:
Roush Stage 1: 670HP (bone stock engine, even OPG is fine left stock)
Roush Stage 2: 727HP (bone stock engine, OPG upgrade recommended)
Whipple Stage 1: 640HP (bone stock, stock OPG)
Whipple Stage 2: 730HP (bone stock, OPG upgrade recommended)
Whipple Stage 2+: 800HP (bone stock, OPG upgrade necessary)
Procharger: 650-1200HP (dependent on blower, OPG required over 700HP, internals required over 900HP).

There are lots of options, gen2 Coyote internals are good for close to 1000HP if racing and your happy to rebuild once it lets go, otherwise do not exceed 850HP on a gen2 Coyote block. OPG upgrade is highly recommend for over 700HP, the parts cost around $400 so its quite a simply upgrade and you can do it yourself if your mechanical minded.

Gen3 coyote is good for about another 50-100HP on top, due to the DI/PI, new whipple and Roush kits are available. Ford GT500 shall be 750HP area on a stock engine. OPG is unknown on the gen3 if Ford upgraded it or not.

In short the engine is very solid with the only issue being OPG, Coyote is a well proven engine that can make huge power on stock internals and crazy power on uprated internals, guys are running around 1200-1500HP on built Coyotes with turbo kits and running under 8s quarter miles, so very capable.

Soldato
very strong and impressive engine, in fact i dont know of any engine as strong as this, that's double the HP on a stock engine.
OPG = oil pump gears ?????????????

so Bullitt might be 52k..............standard Mustang maybe 47k.................and 8k for the blower + 400 quid for the oil pump upgrade.

but what happens if Bullitt is much more than 52k, then a standard mustang with blower is the way to go, maybe 56k.

it can be argued that Bullitt is a waste of time anyway if you're after a blower, because all that Shelby stuff you wont be using.........after all, Bullitt only looks good because of the awesome video

Last edited:
OcUK Staff

very strong and impressive engine, in fact i dont know of any engine as strong as this, that's double the HP on a stock engine.
OPG = oil pump gears ?????????????

so Bullitt might be 52k..............standard Mustang maybe 47k.................and 8k for the blower + 400 quid for the oil pump upgrade.

but what happens if Bullitt is much more than 52k, then a standard mustang with blower is the way to go, maybe 56k.

it can be argued that Bullitt is a waste of time anyway if you're after a blower, because all that Shelby stuff you wont be using

Yes oil pump gears are brittle stock, so the vibrations from an SC and repeatedly hitting the rev limiter hard can shatter them which in turn totals the engine. Buying uprated parts as fitted to Cobra jet cars for about $400 remedies the issue.

Standard Mustang is 42k for manual V8 coupe on 2018, add some options and you can get close to 50k.

The Bullit expect it to be £49,950 is Ford price it fairly, if the numbers are limited they may price it at 60k, end of the day even at 60k they will sell every single one within 48hr. My mate works at Ford and yesterday his one dealership got 60 calls enquiring to buy Bullit and to put their names down. In other words if you want one, you need to put your name down now and ideally a deposit of £1000 to get on the list, though to be fair I think now is maybe too late as most real buyers for the car already did this in the last 24hr. Snooze you lose and all that!

Whether it is more or not, is irrelevant, Ford will sell them all due to the limited numbers, you either want a Mustang or Bullit Mustang.

For me I would not want the Bullit, I love the car, but its not a me car. If I was buying a Mustang I'd buy in orange, every option with A10 and then do some mods to lower it a touch and get it to around 500HP NA, supercharging is great in a weekend fun car, but as a daily if anything it gets tiring having to manage the throttle. Or wait until 2019 for the GT500, unknown if it will come to the UK but one would hope it does as Ford know they could have sold 100's of GT350's in the UK alone, so one would hope with the GT500 they made the necessary design changes to make it work as a global car.

But Ford have nailed it, the Bullit and 2018 Mustang offer something no EU competitor can, which is RWD, Manual with a big V8 NA engine up front, the only other company offering this is TVR and all those are sold and nearly double the price.

Soldato
yea, i'm not 100% bothered about Bullitt, the priority is to see the U.K Configurator first and hope my colour is there.

because i'm not 100% happy with that shade of green, i much prefer the Burgundy that i uploaded here, because it's the video that makes Bullitt look awesome combined with the original music....it plays to your emotions of nostalgia, it instantly seduces you and it still does even 4 days later :D:D

Soldato
looks great in that blue :D what i like is that colour going to almost black in the shade, the burgundy goes to almost black too..it makes the car look sinister.

the GT 500 would have course be way too expensive for me, but for you, if it comes here in RHD you'll buy it straight away because i can sense it already;)

Soldato
i like the older Mustang shape and i like this video too for a very good reason :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRmE3ng9ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwyKzqOi808

that is the Watt linkage he's talking about.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/whiteline-wattslink-0510.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=98iLLQ1MsFw

only one problem, a low mileage shelby GT500/Roush is the same price as a 2018, because you're deffo after a very low mileage one; or you may as well buy a new car.............. it's also LHD ? yea but with this awesome car who cares ;)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
i like the older Mustang shape and i like this video too for a very good reason :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRmE3ng9ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwyKzqOi808

that is the Watt linkage he's talking about.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/whiteline-wattslink-0510.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=98iLLQ1MsFw

only one problem, a low mileage shelby GT500/Roush is the same price as a 2018, because you're deffo after a very low mileage one; or you may as well buy a new car.............. it's also LHD ? yea but with this awesome car who cares ;)

Having owned a Saleen based on S197 platform with coilovers, watts linkage, GT500 brakes my car was more or less identical in specification to that, though better as I had uprated anti-roll bars, bushes and of course the super charger.

I can tell you now having owned both S197 and S550, both sorted that the S550 is in another league of handling and on a UK road far better mannered. The interior and infotainment is also on another level. Really the S197 has nothing over S550, I even thinks S550 looks better any my S550 with 500HP crank was practically as quick as my supercharged S197 which had 576HP crank,

I'd only buy an S197 if it was one of the last of the run GT500 667BHP models they did as those were ferociously quick and they will become collectors cars and hold their money, otherwise every other S197 is simply not worth owning, the S550 is a far superior car..

Caporegime
yea, i'm not 100% bothered about Bullitt, the priority is to see the U.K Configurator first and hope my colour is there.

because i'm not 100% happy with that shade of green, i much prefer the Burgundy that i uploaded here, because it's the video that makes Bullitt look awesome combined with the original music....it plays to your emotions of nostalgia, it instantly seduces you and it still does even 4 days later :D:D

You don't need the UK configurator, to know that Royal Crimson (the burgundy you like) is an option on UK 2018 Mustang, (for an extra £595)

The price and options list, is already on Ford UK's website,

https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehic...tent/overlays/download-a-brochure/new-mustang

So you can go and look up exactly the options you would like and price them all up to get the car you would like.

Soldato
basic car = £41.095 (i'm after the manual)
custom pk 2 = £1.495
royal crimsom = £595
magneride = £1.600
rear spoiler = not sure
black roof = not sure
interior extras = not interested

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can't get black rook with Royal Crimson.

At least not as a factory option you would have to get it done after purchase.

Otherwise you have specced the same car I've ordered, except I am having the A10.

V8 GT, CP 2, Mag ride, A10, in Royal Crimson, with ebony interior, = £46.785

Soldato
so with the manual mine will be maybe 2k less than yours, interior will also be the same as yours because i dont want a dark interior...............

really nice colour, looks classy and looks better without the rear spoiler, makes the car look less cluttered, the second photo looks like he's lowered it an inch.

Gibbo is right, it looks better than the 2013 and it looks better without the stripes etc, the only thing you want with this is the Blower whine ;)

this car will be amazing to drive esp with the exhaust in loud mode........it doesn't need that spoiler but a black lip spoiler will look nice

PuGQXOS.jpg

yryWeYT.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom