Lily Allen: "History is racist"

Man of Honour
"Transport for London was forced to apologise"
no they weren't they just pussied out to some attention-seeking gash instead of telling her to STFU. what next, a campaign to get those VCs revoked etc etc?

It’s no good telling it like it was, and what might come next, you know that they don’t like that.

I am puzzled as yet again I have to ask why should I care what some 'celeb' has to say about anything?

Scooch over Kronos, I too am in your gang.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Her lyrics are really clever, but her singing voice was a novelty that wore off a long time ago.

Unfortunately if you advertise something without perspective - like a 'racist' battle - it comes across as promotion. In today's climate of easily-offended snow flakes it's to be expected someone like her would pounce on it.

edit: snow flakes as 1 word is banned, why?

Soldato
I find Lily Allen no more/less irritating that the host of vacuous individuals that are somehow "news worthy" in our current social/media culture, it's just like "white noise" now ;)

Soldato
The only reason shes famous is because she has a famous dad, who probably pulled some strings so his self entitled daughter who went through life not having to bother to learn anything could cause misery and pain through her music and political comments.

If she wants to correct the actions of something that happened about 300 years ago and offends her, she should goto africa and help the less fortunate children and hopefully get kidnapped by Boko Haram.

Permabanned
I bet if the zulu's had won we wouldn't be hearing these complaints. Indeed I bet there were multiple victories they won over the Brits which are probably celebrated on underground stations in Africa etc. If it was such a big deal for them then why did they agree to do that film with Michael Caine?

Soldato
of course history is racist, that's why it's such a good thing to talk about, to remind ourselves what we can be capable of.

plus we're kidding ourselves if we think we were the only colonial power, we weren't, we were just the best at it.

Caporegime
Please can we stop giving these people a voice. If we all just ignored them theu'd soon shut up and find another way to draw attention. Instead we're putting their BS opinions in papers.

Back
Top Bottom