James Bond films are 'sexist' and 'racist

Man of Honour
Old Bond is pretty chauvinistic - as were many things of that era. It isn’t the driving force of the films but, in that regard, what was supposed to be ‘slick and cool’ then is very dated now.

It’s only a set of observations that are being highlighted by the article. Stop reading things that are designed to get you triggered. Being ‘triggered by people that are triggered’ is at least as worse, if not worse, than the people that were initially triggered.

Caporegime
For you and your crazy "liberal" friends. For the rest of us, they are simply a bit dated, nothing more.

"Not palatable"? I think the younger generation desperately need a kick up the ass, and their "liberal" handlers/drum beaters along with them.

So much nonsense to be "offended" over. Do people even remember what it's like to be genuinely offended? "These 1960s films are so offensive!" Yeah, get over yourself.
Whatever. I never said I was offended. Everything is a product of its time and prevailing culture. Things that were fine in the past may be less fine now. You can understand that and still enjoy James Bond.

Permabanned
Isn't Dad's Army ageist because of the jokes about doddering old men? Also sexist because little to no female representation? Also German jokes about not liking it up them are wrong on many levels most notably because of sodomy connotations?

Associate
Sit them down in front of any 'Carry on' films, or 'On the buses' or 'Confessions of...' films from the 70's. It will pop their minds.....

Man of Honour
You do understand that Blazing Saddles is MEANT to be a satire of racism ? That comment makes just zero sense unless you completely missed that it is a deliberate parody.
Still couldn't get away with it nowadays even if it is a parody.

Caporegime
I think the world was a better place when the female actors played characters called Pussy Galore and Ms. Goodhead
Some of the problem is that every female role in a film is now demanded to be a "strong, independent woman who can kick a man's ass".

Now I happen to love Alien/Aliens (silly example) and they both had strong, leading female characters.

But I also enjoy films where women aren't competing to have bigger balls than their male co-stars.

You read some of the comments about the Bond films, and there's a lot whinging about how the female characters don't "stand up to Bond" or "put him in his place".

As if all male/female relationships have to be a struggle for dominance. Is that where we're headed?

Associate
Pity there isn't a common sense jab each January to whittle these sissy's out.

Totally unrelated but I heard a guy at work say in December, when it was pretty damn cold, "I went for a pee and its was so cold when I looked down I was gender neutral"

It did make me laugh:D

Soldato
James Bond is quite the misogynist, though, so it’s not a wonder the films appear a bit sexist. I wouldn’t say they are sexist, though they definitely portray a sexist.

I'm not too sure where that ranks in his character flaws which also include a long history of sadistic killing but sure, he has no time for women beyond the obvious.

He would be a villain if he wasn't working for the "good" side. I'm sure there's several opponents who could just as easily be him with a different employer.

Caporegime
I'm not too sure where that ranks in his character flaws which also include a long history of sadistic killing but sure, he has no time for women beyond the obvious.

He would be a villain if he wasn't working for the "good" side. I'm sure there's several opponents who could just as easily be him with a different employer.
I forget who it was said that Bond is a villain, but he just so happens to be our villain.

Back
Top Bottom