alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone heard anything about this monitor? Dell website saying 3-5 weeks until available, but I thought it had already come out last year.

Looking to get a 3440x1440 superwide monitor with 120Hz and GSYNC. Any alternatives? The only ones I am seeing at the moment is the alienware and the Predator X34P and neither seem to be available anywhere.

Associate
Must just be out of stock as I'm sure it was available last year - there were people on the forums who had them in Nov/Dec in the UK. Not sure why it's listed as preorder in some places....

Not many real alternatives other than what you've mentioned and I reckon Dell is probably the best of the bunch.

If you can wait there'll be more stuff coming out later this year that may be competitive (LG).

Associate
OP
Thanks for the messages folks. I see the Predator is X34P is now showing on the rainforest, but out of stock.

When is the ETA on the LG and what is the specific model number? I will be tempted if it is priced reasonably.

Associate
The model number will be 34GK950G - the expected ETA into the UK is around June time - this is because the panel will be Nano-IPS - I believe the Dell & Acer models are both std IPS which is why they are available sooner

I will be discussing pricing with the bods in the UK over the next few weeks, ideally I want it to be the same price so the Nano-IPS wins over the STD IPS with same other specs and what not - but that remains undecided currently

Associate
In spite of the estimated delivery of 4-5 weeks, I ordered one last night and it is due to be delivered tomorrow!

This is after being told estimated delivery would be 3rd of March...Hopefully it's not some unwanted refurb or something like that!

Price was £890 delivered :O

Associate
The best I've been quoted from them directly was £980 :O

Yes this is similar to what I was offered when I requested a cheaper price in December.

Great deal. Was that including VAT?

Yes including VAT

Straight from dell at that price? If so how did you manage to get it so cheap? Through live chat?

I asked for a price match on the Asus PG348Q, which was at around £950 (I currently have this monitor, but there is some quite bad BLB and I thought'd i'd try my luck with the AW).

I've no idea why they didn't just match that price... but decided to go £60+ lower.. Maybe it's a lucky mistake :O

Stu

Stu

Soldato
the New LG will compete with this :)

In spite of the estimated delivery of 4-5 weeks, I ordered one last night and it is due to be delivered tomorrow!

This is after being told estimated delivery would be 3rd of March...Hopefully it's not some unwanted refurb or something like that!

Price was £890 delivered :O

@Daniel - LG the gauntlet has been thrown down at the 34GK950G :)

Associate
Just thought i'd give an update ...

The monitor came next day from DELL even though shipping estimates were 4-5 weeks.

It is a nice upgrade from the Asus PG348Q which I'll probably return.

- Chassis and stand are much sleeker than the Asus
- Steeper curve than the Asus, didn't think I would care, but it is actually really nice and immersive
- Thinner 'bezel' than the Asus
- No backlight bleed which is really nice (Asus was quite bad on all 4 corners)

Unfortunately it is actually slightly yellower on the right hand side. Did some research and others have mentioned this issue on some panels. It's not actually that noticeable unless you're looking for it, but not great on a brand new monitor.

Not sure if I want to return this and risk getting one with bad BLB etc. All in all, the monitor is awesome enough that even with the yellow tinge towards the right i'm of half a mind to stick with it

Back
Top Bottom