Youtube to end monetization on channels with less than 1,000 subs

Man of Honour
I suggest you close the account where the limit is lower to receive payment. They are probably going to close that avenue at some point also
I don't follow what you mean sorry? I only have one account for ten years or so and monetisation was enabled on it maybe 5 or so years ago. I didn't upload videos for making money, but its a nice thing to receive after a while which is why its frustrating that its locked away and have no chance of getting near the limits now imposed to get it past the threshold.

Man of Honour
Seems a bit of a dickish move by YouTube :(

So far not had any such email myself and still shows as being able to monetise if I wish in my channel page though I'm way under what the requirements would be but I guess they just haven't got around to everyone yet :s

Man of Honour
So the whole idiotic 'unboxing' thing is purely to log more viewing hours?
They are almost as annoying as 5 pages of blog crap before getting to the actual recipe on many sites.

I reckon over the last 10 years I haven't bought one techy item before I've watched several unboxing videos.
If it's a 10 minute video I'll get through it in about 30 seconds.
Last week I watched the unboxing of a tent and then bought one.
I personally think this is one of the best parts of You Tube when buying.

Associate
I make around £60 every 4 months and have around 3000 subs. My channel watch-time over the last 365 days is 639,255 minutes. So basically get 639,255 minutes a year and earn £15 a month .....

Man of Honour

It's not Christmas anymore
mad.gif

Man of Honour
i dont have much of an issue with new rules. However, theyre still targeting the wrong side. they need to give advertisers far more controll. videos need to be heavily categorised.
some advertisers would have no issue advertising on violent videos. like games, gaming videos seem to especially have goe through add apocalypse. for no reason. other than youtube are doing blanket rules, rather than providing advertisers with the control they really need.

agreed i like unboxing videos. as they provide a lot of detail which isn't easily available. for example, i will not buy gadgets with barrel style power connectors, as I am forever sapping them. trying to find that out from an online shop or manufactures web page is next to impossible.
unboxing quickly goes over the ports and can easily be seen what type it is.

Soldato
This is where I've been going wrong. Making little videos of me testing out my Mavic, or touring South America on a motorcycle etc..

Seems there are channels where poeple watch others play solitaire and similar. I wonder people will sub if I put out videos of me making dinner and then sitting down to eat it? ;)

As I understood it, channels with less than 10,000 views couldn't be monetised anyhow, so all this new rule does it rase a bar little.

Man of Honour
i dont have much of an issue with new rules. However, theyre still targeting the wrong side. they need to give advertisers far more controll. videos need to be heavily categorised.
some advertisers would have no issue advertising on violent videos. like games, gaming videos seem to especially have goe through add apocalypse. for no reason. other than youtube are doing blanket rules, rather than providing advertisers with the control they really need.

agreed i like unboxing videos. as they provide a lot of detail which isn't easily available. for example, i will not buy gadgets with barrel style power connectors, as I am forever sapping them. trying to find that out from an online shop or manufactures web page is next to impossible.
unboxing quickly goes over the ports and can easily be seen what type it is.

I'd be surprised if there was any shortage of advertisers - I can understand though I don't necessarily agree with that some brands are sensitive about certain material and don't want their name connected with the overall content of YouTube but pandering to that and curtailing what content is on YouTube and can be monitised is not a good thing ultimately and any brand in this day and age should want to be on there as the exposure is huge.

Measures might need to be taken due to some recent events but not in this way - its just disadvantaging potential new talent and people doing interesting things that have yet to reach out to a wider audience.

Man of Honour
OP
on the final push now as monetization gets switched off next tuesday (20th) for people with <1k subs, im upto ~950 and thankfull for the support shown here :)
if anyone else needs support for their channel then speak up and we can help you

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just checked mine and am at 998 :eek:

The last few Android based videos seem to have helped push the numbers up greatly. I'll probably do a few more this week.

So close...

Back
Top Bottom