Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Soldato
OP
Same. If the set bonus is decent i'll wear enough items to get that, but only if the benefits outweigh the build i'm aiming for. My current guy looks hideous at the moment - but he's a full on stun, hammer wielder and sparking out monsters is glorious :)

Soldato
Beat the Anja using a water glaive in the end. Though I've got some nice armour sets I'm mixing and matching as well to try and maximize attack and def. Whilst still looking fabulous of course!

Associate
Just had a look into the squad system and it's a bit of a chore to get people teamed up I'm a squad.

First you have to get them into the same session as you, so either by sharing the unique session ID or by having them on your ps4 friends list and then once they're in the session you can invite them to the squad.

Soldato
If anyone is playing on the PS4 and wants to team up let me know.
PSN ID TheVeng.
Hunter rank 39.
Using an Extermination's Edge long sword.

HR 39 wow. You must be hammering this game Lol. I've clocked 40 hours and haven't completed the story and only HR 10.

Just had a look into the squad system and it's a bit of a chore to get people teamed up I'm a squad.

First you have to get them into the same session as you, so either by sharing the unique session ID or by having them on your ps4 friends list and then once they're in the session you can invite them to the squad.

To be honest once a few of us have reached end game best just to add each other on PSN then just post and organise 4 man parties from here to battle specific difficult monsters.

Soldato
39 is impressive. I'm at HR 12 after 50 hours.

I've hit another wall. Pink Rathian. Only had one go at him so far though so I'll have a rethink and have another go. There were so many other monsters getting involved it was hard to keep track of him as he moves around so quickly. We wiped with 5 minutes to go.

Associate
39 is impressive. I'm at HR 12 after 50 hours.

I've hit another wall. Pink Rathian. Only had one go at him so far though so I'll have a rethink and have another go. There were so many other monsters getting involved it was hard to keep track of him as he moves around so quickly. We wiped with 5 minutes to go.

Spent a good few hours on this guy, went back and crafted some fire resist gear, 2 large barrel bombs (and enough to make a couple more) and stun trap, flash pods when he gets enraged. Still took two feints but just managed to get him.

Soldato
He knocked us all down into some poison pit then he jumped on us and roar/stunned us so we couldn't move and two of us died instantly. The other guy got flamed in the face one-shotted so 3 faints and you're out. It was fun while it lasted though!

Associate
Have a look in your inventory for eggs. They go for 5k and aren't used for any crafting.
Ah nice one, I'll take a look. Maybe I've been crafting too much, but I was struggling for cash.

For those who are further in, I know you get Alpha and Beta sets, but can you convert the normal armour sets to A/B sets? I assume with the weapons you just keep progressing through the trees

Soldato
Ah nice one, I'll take a look. Maybe I've been crafting too much, but I was struggling for cash.

For those who are further in, I know you get Alpha and Beta sets, but can you convert the normal armour sets to A/B sets? I assume with the weapons you just keep progressing through the trees

No, the alpha and beta sets require totally new materials. Weapons you just continue to upgrade though.

I’ve got about 60 hours and rank 32 now I think.

Associate
I've made an OCUK Hunters squad for when we all catch up and get to the high rank stuff.

I'm still rank 10 as well, really taking my time with progressing through the assignment quests... I think I'm too easily distracted.
Diablos is my current main quest, though I want to clear out some more of the optional quests and deliveries before I focus on that one.

Spent a couple of hours last night farming Legiana with some randoms on capture missions.
Need to get a few more Tobi Kadachi parts and then I can unlock a few more weapon trees.

Back
Top Bottom