Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Soldato
I spent 50 minutes failing to kill a super anjanath. It's the same monster but now he's reeeally ****** off. I got him down to limping but the timer ran out. Intense experience though.

I feel a OCUK Friday night hunt team thread coming up once we've all caught up ...

Soldato
You create a squad. You can be part of different squads. When you login on the menu screen you can pick "squad session " then pick the appropriate one.

I've made one with my mates.

Associate
Had some really tough arena fights over the weekend with three monsters to control in a small space, Legiana was such a nuisance when I was trying to get my combo finisher line up on the other monsters.
I'd love if we could command our Palico buddy to focus on a target to help keeps its attention for a bit.

I should get a chance to have a play with the squad management system to find out how to invite people when I hop on tonight.

Soldato
Aside from saving you with potions and stuns. Should I be gearing the palico with other things? Feel there must be more to them and I'm missing out.

Associate
As far as I can see you mostly just upgrade weapons & armour.
Doing the quests for the Trailriders and Bugcatchers can get a couple of new skills for your Palico, mostly learning how to befriend some of the monsters to fight alongside you.

I saw somewhere online about a weapon called the Plunder Blade for your Palico, so I'm going to try get that one next.
Apparently it turns your cat into a farming god.

Soldato
Cam you farm a stronger weapon to get your damage up?

Yeah I need to look at that. My weapon damage is currently around 430. I've been farming the Zora armor this weekend and finally have the full set which has 220 def and extra crit chance (plus extra fire resist) with the full set. I managed to get the last two pieces this morning next I will have another go at the anja. Thinking about it I'll have a look at the water based weapons and see how high I can get in that tree as anjanath is weak to water. I've SOS'd this quest as well and it's wiped every time.

This isn't me but here is the armor set:

Monster-Hunter-World-Armor-High-Rank-Zorah-b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom