BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Hmmm, a bit worried as I would've expected a dealership to have done this multiple times before.

Heading up there at the back of 5 so will ask if they have re-fitted the sensors to the new tyres. The service advisor definitely mentioned that the TPMS light on the dash was on as the tyres weren't runflats.

It should only need the tire pressure setting reset in iDrive. I had the same thing when I had my original wheels in for refurbishment and was given loan wheels.

Associate
Picked the car up and all is well.

Spoke to the advisor who said it was the technician that had an issue with the TPMS earlier and advised that there may be an issue because the system expects a runflat but a normal tyre may cause variations that it doesn't expect. He then went on to say the tyre valves differ between runflats and standard tyres.

Said I wasn't too happy about it and he came out to the car with me, started it and checked the TPMS through i drive. Everything was working as expected - no TPMS light or warning, and all 4 corners green on the i drive screen.

Soldato
Can I come back in?

BMWM2Snow.jpg

Soldato
Z4 sDrive35iS Roadsters

Is there a buyers guide anywhere? I'm so confused by all the options and trim.

Any advice on what I should insist on to get the best feel for the car. Most important parts are that it's automatic and it handles as best as it can.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
An update on the shambles that is my recent car history...

F11 went in to BMW with collapsed suspension, looks like the airbag leak along with the cold weather caused the compressor to fail dropping both and me stupidly nursing it home has broken either the springs or the suspension.

BMW quote: 2.5k
Independent quote: 3.9k
:eek::eek::eek:

The **** kinda luck am I having with my last 2 bimmas!?

:(

Caporegime

F11 went in to BMW with collapsed suspension, looks like the airbag leak along with the cold weather caused the compressor to fail dropping both and me stupidly nursing it home has broken either the springs or the suspension.

No warranty?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nah, Fox told me to allow it.

Haha not really, it's a high miler so 1.7k a year, even with this bill, isn't really worth it.

Soldato

£2.5k for a replacement compressor and an new air spring? Are they serious? It's stupid quotes like this that help them peddle their overpriced warranty.

The compressors are available for about £100 and are apparently easily accessible under the rear of the car. And air springs aren't much either.

Soldato

Have you checked with companies such as Arnott, Airdominance, Rockauto etc etc? I'd have thought the F11 is old enough now that there should be some decent, warrantied, aftermarket solutions available.

For the air system on my old Jag, aftermarket shocks were around £300 per side, and refurbished compressors around £250 - your quote seems extortionate.

Soldato

Had a rear bag replaced under warranty. It was about £600 from memory. If you get it done at an independent do not use the OEM airbags. They are prone to failing. As above, look at the third party offerings, they are better.

Back
Top Bottom