BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
There is no additional room, infact I am fairly sure the 5 Series touring has more load space than the X5.

He was talking about kids and dog, the kids go in the back where there is definitely more room. More width across the car, less intrusion from the wheel arch and bolster, More Light from the side glass which is good for motion sickness, More head room and option of a full glass roof. Then the SUV benefit of the driver sits with a higher posture so there’s also more foot room between seat and floor and the tunnel is less instruction.

So yes more room - boot volume is irrelevant.

They are daft anyway as cars with parcel shelves quote up to that where as rollerblinds cargo barriers can quote up to the glass/headliner area behind headrest: plus the whole wet or 1 litre VDA blocks manufactures use to quote brochure figures. Some OEMs with non spare wheel cars even then quote the volume if you were to take the foam under loadboard inserts out!

Soldato
He was talking about kids and dog, the kids go in the back where there is definitely more room. More width across the car, less intrusion from the wheel arch and bolster, More Light from the side glass which is good for motion sickness, More head room and option of a full glass roof. Then the SUV benefit of the driver sits with a higher posture so there’s also more foot room between seat and floor and the tunnel is less instruction.
The G31 (5 Series) has 1cm more interior headroom (front and back) than the F15 (X5) :p
It's also 5cm longer so interior foot space is roughly the same.

Associate
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of having the headlight washer replaced in a 2011 325i Coupe? A suicidal Pheasant has managed to snap the clip holding the springs/cover in place (I don't think the washer itself is damaged though).

Regards

Associate
F11 535D is a winner and ticks so many boxes. I have looked at the newer shape 5 Touring and they are not worth the massive delta in cash I would have to put towards one. So I am staying where I am.

Soldato
The G31 (5 Series) has 1cm more interior headroom (front and back) than the F15 (X5) :p
It's also 5cm longer so interior foot space is roughly the same.

The pano roof is likely to offer more and the headroom you quote is probably vertical rather than the real world space offering that is diagonal, where the lower tumblehome of the glass barrel will offfer better diagonal headroom (W27).

SUV also benefit from the rear occupants being sat further apart.

Posture means you get more cabin space for your length on an SUV and when I said footroom it also includes height to avoid the feeling of posting your feet into letterbox.

We can discuss at further detail if you want. :p

Soldato
Just built one, seems tilt and slide only and it’s a bottom loaded mech so that’s gonna impact room a lot. Anyway that was a generic point not really appropriate for X5, certainly on the Tesla Model S as that pano roof doesn’t even have a blind!

Associate
Hit a massive pothole :mad: Haven't been able to drive for 2 days as nowhere had that particular tyre in stock. Should hopefully be back on the road tomorrow...

FREEzil.jpg

Associate
Had 4 Michelin PS4S fitted today by BMW (cars getting serviced at same time). Had the service advisor on the phone saying that as they're not runflats then the tyre pressure monitor indicator will be on. Admittedly and naively, I thought it was a case of using the TPMS in the new tyres.

Is this right or is there away for the TPMS work with non-runflats?

Still to pick the car up so will query this later.

Soldato
The sensor is part of the valve isn’t it? Just tell them to keep the existing valves on the tyres. Surprised by their comments, almost like this is the first time they’ve changed a tyre on a rim with a sensor or more like they are trying it on and will then sell the sensors!

Associate
Hmmm, a bit worried as I would've expected a dealership to have done this multiple times before.

Heading up there at the back of 5 so will ask if they have re-fitted the sensors to the new tyres. The service advisor definitely mentioned that the TPMS light on the dash was on as the tyres weren't runflats.

Back
Top Bottom