**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
Went and collected mine from CPW, got a shiny new memory card with it :D . Haven't taken it out the box yet, will do that when I get home tonight.

Associate
Mine has arrived too, a 3 ~ 4pm lunchbreak to meet the DPD driver, back at work now. All I've a chance to do is plug it in to charge up, was @ 68% out of the box. My Spigen cases have arrived too. Got my evenings tasks now of getting it sorted.

Soldato
Got mine. Taking ages to restore the apps though :(

The quality of it is fantastic. Been using an iPhone 6S for the last few months and I'm glad to be rid of it. Was using an S7 Edge previously but the screen broke :mad:
So fast compared to the S7!

My Google Play won't update unless it is over Wi-Fi, can't seem to change this to mobile networks, any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
Got my S9+ this afternoon and I have to say its nice. With my apps etc downloaded from Samsungs Cloud it really feels like I am using a larger screened Edge.

Soldato
Havent really had much of a play with mine, just installed a few apps and setup accounts etc, oddly finding the finger printer scanner hard to locate after getting used to the s8's placement :p intelligent scan unlock works really well, camera seems a nice upgrade not tried much in the way of testing performance of the cpu etc but it feels pretty snappy, pretty happy with the upgrade overall, waiting on some screen protectors and case to arrive tomorrow

Associate
So fast compared to the S7!

My Google Play won't update unless it is over Wi-Fi, can't seem to change this to mobile networks, any ideas?

Go to Google play settings, then 'auto update settings'. It may be set to 'over WiFi only' from there. This is on an S8 so figure the s9 will be similar.

Associate
It is just an evolution of the S8 TBH. It is nice but nothing mind blowing.

Yes, as an S8 owner it doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade to bother. Actually, I'd pay not to have the AR Emogis :D

If I was to lose or badly damage my S8 then I'd consider the S9 for sure. Not very keen on the Pixel phones and nothing else appeals. See what else comes out this year but can't see myself moving away from Samsung. Had the S8 nearly a year and has served me well. I'd be interested to know how the S9 plus compares to the S8 Note.

Back
Top Bottom