**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
No WiFi problem for me either.

Need to have a look and see if there are any decent games to play while I'm "working". Think I've played a total of what hours worth of phone games since I had snake on my 3210 lol.

More strategy (stellaris, hearts of iron) than tap the screen to watch a dude jump or a bird fly.

Also, I've still for the films on my phone. Its been in its Tech21 ego check case since I took it out of the box. Really should update my bank account phone insurance. Used it 4 times in 2 years lol.

Caporegime
Is the slow mo feature on this phone as odd as the reviews say? That it only activates if something moving fast enters a reticle on a portion of the screen? Seems a bit of an odd move if so. :confused:

Soldato
Is the slow mo feature on this phone as odd as the reviews say? That it only activates if something moving fast enters a reticle on a portion of the screen? Seems a bit of an odd move if so. :confused:

It just auto detects some fast movement. So dog shaking off water would trigger it. Needs lots of light to shoot at this speed though.

Can also trigger it manually .

Associate
Got my S9+ today upgraded from the s7 edge. Definitely an improvement and doesnt even feel that mich bigger. Got a spigen thin fit arriving tomorrow.

Anybody got any theme recommendations I had Material Dark on the edge can't seem to find it in the theme store.

Soldato
I couldn't get the slow motion to work very well, it seems to be quite finicky. It might just be me rather than the phone.

Also it doesn't seem to like my wireless charger, it has worked fine with my S7e for 2 years but the S9 will have none of it lol.

Associate
On earlier S series you could assign a specific notification tone to a specific contact but it looks as if there is no provision for this now. Anyone know it is possible?

Associate
On earlier S series you could assign a specific notification tone to a specific contact but it looks as if there is no provision for this now. Anyone know it is possible?

If you mean a text tone and not a ringtone, then I use Next SMS by Handcent which does allow this. I've not used the Samsung Messages app for many years. You can personalise, the led colour, text tone, led flash, on screen alert symbol and much more for each contact.

Soldato
How old are your guys firmware’s? January patch with no update available on a new divice ain’t filling me with confidence for timely updates
Enjoying my S9+ at the moment , will be testing it beside my older iPhone 8 over the coming week and selling the least enjoyable of the two

Soldato
How old are your guys firmware’s? January patch with no update available on a new divice ain’t filling me with confidence for timely updates
Enjoying my S9+ at the moment , will be testing it beside my older iPhone 8 over the coming week and selling the least enjoyable of the two
Samsung and timely updates are mutually exclusive I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom