The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
How long does yours take? I press the power button and by the time I've turned the monitor on its in Windows... Only time I've seen it take longer is if it's struggling to train the memory at high speeds and it has to do a few loops.

It takes about 10-15 seconds before I see anything on the screen. I tried disabling boot training, but it just loops when I cold boot and reverts to default settings...

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my Taichi X370 coming tomorrow. Apart from updating the BIOS is there any software on the official site I should install? I usually get the chipset drivers direct from AMD.

That'll teach me, ordered an X370 and didn't realise the X470 will be released around March time (if what I've read is correct). I'm usually good with my homework but looks like I've missed all the talk of the X470 release! Is it worth keeping the X370 or should I send it back and wait for the X470 to be released?

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Taichi X370 coming tomorrow. Apart from updating the BIOS is there any software on the official site I should install? I usually get the chipset drivers direct from AMD.

That'll teach me, ordered an X370 and didn't realise the X470 will be released around March time (if what I've read is correct). I'm usually good with my homework but looks like I've missed all the talk of the X470 release! Is it worth keeping the X370 or should I send it back and wait for the X470 to be released?

Personally I wouldn't expect any huge changes from the 370 to the 470...

In terms of software, there's nothing worth grabbing from the official site except for the bios. Network/bluetooth drivers are on Intel's site, don't use onboard audio but presumably Realtek, everything else is in the chipset drivers. The reboot to uefi softrware did nothing on mine and A-Tuning is definitely one to avoid.

I've got a few posts kicking around on here somewhere with my overclocking woes, which should include some quick and dirty tips to get you up and running.

Associate
I have a Z370M Pro4 which I bought new yesterday,all working fine on a 8600k and will do 5ghz at 1.3v so I'm happy

the revision is 07 and bios is 1.20
the latest bios is 1.70

do I need to update the bios?

thanks

Associate
Can Anybody Help here Please, Just Purchased the "Asrock FATAL1TY AB350 GAMING-ITX/AC AMD B350 (SOCKET AM4) DDR4 MINI-ITX MOTHERBOARD" from OCUK & finished my Little Ryzen 2400G ITX Build.
1st I noticed is The M.2 slot Not working, tried 2 diff M.2 SSD's,
first one would make the pc shout down Right after pressing the power button & the 256gb 960
Evo m.2 Would boot but would lose connection & not show in bios, at to use my Old SSD 850 Evo SATA Drive to install a fresh copy of windows 10 pro
2nd BIOS & Software showing temp at 127.5c , CPU Fan is NA/ As i have the fan running from Cha fan 2, Since the CPU header Not reading my fan right.
JIcmAug.jpg.png

4R3fusl.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, The Plextor 256GB "MODEL PX-G256M6e " not working at all still,
soon as I press the power button the PC will turn on for a split sec then back off with it installed. I look on the Asrock Page & this Model is not on the M.2 List so I hope ASROCK will make this Compatible in the near future
TcvTeFp.jpg.png

The Samsung NVMe 960 EVO m.2 250GB Is now detecting in bios fine & started the fresh install of windows 10 on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Windows 10 Fresh installed on 960 EVO M.2, But Blue screen DPC Watchdog Violation
Just install the M.2 Driver 2.3 That should sort it out

All running great now after Bios P4.50 :)
Thank you @AsrockMB

Last edited:
Associate
Could anyone tell me if the latest bios (or any of the newer ones) will work on Windows 7? Not sure at all if this should be an issue but always best to ask first.

Soldato
I'm having real issues with my ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac.
BIOS says it's running in Single channel memory mode (I have 2 x 8GB Team Group sticks in there).
Also Windows 10 detects 16GB but says only 7.95GB (or something) is usable.

I'm on the 4.50 BIOS. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom