The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Associate
yes i enter pstates settings (which selects 1.306 on option 27 ) then back into the normal advanced page select vcore/cpu to fixed volts and load level calibration to level 2 this does a great job of holding it very very close to 1.3 volts
i dont set cpu voltage on the advanced page (and it the options were different there on earlier bios)
since version bios 1.6 my cpu has never mucked around with its speed always 3.9ghz and never mucked about at 1.3 volts either
i also set my soc to 1.0volts and fix that also at llc 2 on advanced tab of bios
i just followed the taichi overclocking guide on you tube by a guy called techcity (now called yestechcity or something) aussie guy knows his business and luckily enough got the taichi in the reviewers pack at launch

cpu wise this has my most pain free experiance :) with overclocking

my ram ..............hmmmmmmmmm got lucky and got the rated 3200mhz from day one with gskill 3200 tridentz cl15 but not had any luck overclocking them in any way on any bios version, but all in all im very happy with this system

EDIT HERES THE LINK I FOLLOWED TO SET OVERCLOCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

Thanks for that. It's pretty much my settings, except I'm running at 1.4. I could probably drop it, but the bigger temptation is to see if 1.4 is enough for 4ghz...

I found it a bit of a nightmare at first, but only because of my offset voltage issues. Otherwise, ram went straight up to 3200 c14 (Team Group 8pack edition) - again, I could probably push it a bit higher, but that's definitely something for a rainy weekend.

Soldato
Thanks ASrock

I used your windows 7 usb tool to create a windows 7 usb installation drive to try and install windows 7 on my new ab350m motherboard. Unfortunately it blue screens on me after i get past the loading windows screen. So i am up **** creek without a paddle. It is definitely your tool because my other thumb drive with windows 7 does work but there is no keyboard or mouse support, that is why i was told to use your tool.

Now I'm scrambling to try and make a windows 10 usb install drive on the only other computer i have in the house which is ubuntu.

I hope it works.

Soldato
Hang about I forgot I had a Brix in the cupbaord with windows on it.

Trying the tool again but I don't think it is going to work as it seems to take ages writing and writing even when the USB disk is not being accessed. Your toolkit is broke.

I'm gonna have to install windows 10 by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks ASrock

I used your windows 7 usb tool to create a windows 7 usb installation drive to try and install windows 7 on my new ab350m motherboard. Unfortunately it blue screens on me after i get past the loading windows screen. So i am up **** creek without a paddle. It is definitely your tool because my other thumb drive with windows 7 does work but there is no keyboard or mouse support, that is why i was told to use your tool.

Now I'm scrambling to try and make a windows 10 usb install drive on the only other computer i have in the house which is ubuntu.

I hope it works.

Try it again with only your memory, graphics card, and system drive installed. My x370 blue screened at more or less the same point with my wifi card connected to a 1x slot.

Soldato
Hey man that's a good tip. I've started windows 10 installation now but I might try it tomorrow with just the bare essentials plugged in.

But looking on asrock forum it looks like a pita to work but I'll give it another go.

Soldato
Another question.

I want to update my AB350M to the lastest BIOS. and I have heard there are issues using instant flash to update the BIOS with AM4 boards.

Is this the case?

Associate
OK great I'll give it a whirl. Reading around it seems like really really early BIOS's are affected.

from the posts i see it was more an issue with

1: people didnt know how to use DOS (and early bios files being dos only , no option for instant flash)
2: people used the windows based flasher (now removed from the asrock bios files)
3: people not resetting to defaults BEFORE flashing new file

Associate
Anyone played around with the new BIOS yet? Worth the hassle?
yep
dosnt give anything to mention
some people are saying its messing with p states (allthough it seems fine with mine)

all ive noticed is whereas my voltage would stay constant at 1.3volts and 3.8 ghz

it now reports in cpuz that at a constant 3.8 the volts drop to 0.480 on idle
which is very strange as i have all c6/cool n quiet turned OFF

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I'm still running 2.40, board, CPU, and memory are running sweet as a nut at 3.9 / 3333C14 so I don't feel the need to update it. If they add anything major i'll upgrade, but for now, meh.

Back
Top Bottom