Retro console and games thread

OcUK Staff
Very nice! and also very similar https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31611380/ I bought my backing from B&Q only cost a few quid, hides all the cables, the KALLAX units really are great display units.

Loving the Ghostbusters station. I've got a draw full of all my original Ghost Busters toys from when I was a kid.

Thank you for the kind words, do you have the link for the stuff you got for the backing please?

Been needing to find something

Thanks

Soldato
Man of Honour
Very very nice. does it work well?

I had a quick blast on Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Cool Spot and Starfox last night and all worked perfectly, crystal clear images on a 1080p Sony LCD I use for gaming. Will give it a proper play when I've the time, but really please, lovely device and easy to use.
40344129055_32886e8546_h.jpg

41240671321_b21a4ee602_h.jpg

Also had 3 new retro gaming cable arrive to for my MSX's, C64 S-Video and SNES but this time with CSync/Luma to deal with the blocking from the crappy one I bought.

OcUK Staff

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Here is a bit of an updated pic of my setup, its far from finished though

What do you guys think?

GNccSWO.jpg

Any comments welcomed

Bailey

Very nice! I've gone for a very similar setup myself, been a busy week! Got my PS4 and N64 to be added tomorrow and re-arrange a lot of stuff, cable management and lighting etc :) -

IMG_0828.jpg

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Tidied up my little server room.

Replace cheap B&M shelving units with IKEA KALLAX, fitted the backing myself and also cut out a little recess for 3 lots of 2m RGB LED strips.

retro3.jpg

Very nice, I almost bought another 2x2 Kallax unit for the other side of the room and (what looks like) that exact street fighter / arcade cabinet. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it?

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Very nice :)

Sony Bravia 40" 1080P HDR
Bang and Olufsen MX7000 28" CRT
Nintendo Switch
SNES Mini
Wii Japanese, modded
Wii U
Gamecube
Playstation 1
Original Xbox Modded
Xbox 360
Dreamcast
PS2
Saturn
Gamegear
Megadrive / Master System (to be added once I find it/them!)
RGB Modded NTSC N64 (to be set up)
PS4 + VR (to be set up)

Soldato

Sony Bravia 40" 1080P HDR
Bang and Olufsen MX7000 28" CRT
Nintendo Switch
SNES Mini
Wii Japanese, modded
Wii U
Gamecube
Playstation 1
Original Xbox Modded
Xbox 360
Dreamcast
PS2
Saturn
Gamegear
Megadrive / Master System (to be added once I find it/them!)
RGB Modded NTSC N64 (to be set up)
PS4 + VR (to be set up)

Please let me know what you think of the RGB N64 when you get chance to set it all up, tempted to do mine. Love the CRT

Man of Honour
I’m going to get something bespoke built I think as I want cable management. My cabinet was a cheap test and now I want something better so have a chippy lined up to bespoke me something.

Watch this space :)

Soldato
I’m going to get something bespoke built I think as I want cable management. My cabinet was a cheap test and now I want something better so have a chippy lined up to bespoke me something.

Watch this space :)
Why not ;) keep us posted, always like to see other people's kit for inspiration though there isn't much more I can do given the space of my tiny box room :D

Anyone here still use Gameboy Advance systems? I'm tempted to pick up an original model and fit a backlit screen just wondering what info people can give on This?

I would get an SP but I find the original GBA much better to hold for longer sessions, from memory. What would I expect to pay for a gba system these days? £20ish?

Thanks

Soldato
Why not ;) keep us posted, always like to see other people's kit for inspiration though there isn't much more I can do given the space of my tiny box room :D

Anyone here still use Gameboy Advance systems? I'm tempted to pick up an original model and fit a backlit screen just wondering what info people can give on This?

I would get an SP but I find the original GBA much better to hold for longer sessions, from memory. What would I expect to pay for a gba system these days? £20ish?

Thanks

I still use mine, I find the SP better because of the size. Micro is too small for my manly hands but £20 is a standard price.

Associate

Thanks

I'm doing that just now, just waiting on a replacement case.

You can get a good condition GBA for about £20 and the AGS-101 backlit screen + lcd cable for around £35-£40.
You just need to get the right cable type for your console, 32 or 40 pin. The screen sellers often show how to tell them apart.
I waited until my GBA arrived and then ordered the right screen.

You can also get complete replacement case/buttons/glass screen protector kits for around £15 in various colours.

I've opted for a dark clear case with SNES colour buttons, it looks cool in my head anyway. :)

A pre-modded GBA is around £70, although it looks fun to do yourself.

Once it's complete and working I'll probably try a lithium battery mod, using 2x GBA SP lithium batteries in parallel with a charging board so I can charge the GBA using a micro USB cable.

Soldato
I'm doing that just now, just waiting on a replacement case.

You can get a good condition GBA for about £20 and the AGS-101 backlit screen + lcd cable for around £35-£40.
You just need to get the right cable type for your console, 32 or 40 pin. The screen sellers often show how to tell them apart.
I waited until my GBA arrived and then ordered the right screen.

You can also get complete replacement case/buttons/glass screen protector kits for around £15 in various colours.

I've opted for a dark clear case with SNES colour buttons, it looks cool in my head anyway. :)

A pre-modded GBA is around £70, although it looks fun to do yourself.

Once it's complete and working I'll probably try a lithium battery mod, using 2x GBA SP lithium batteries in parallel with a charging board so I can charge the GBA using a micro USB cable.

Wow sounds like a fun project and it's sort of what's peaked my interest! Will feel quite rewarding to have something you have done by yourself I bet!

Pop up some pictures when you get a chance. Watching a few on ebay

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom