• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
@Mercutio buying Branded products is false logic.
If i want psu i wobt buy asus i go for seasonic or superflowe maybe corsair
I want ram wont buy asus but gskill teamgroup

Like if i want ro buy running trainers i wont buy damn ferrari trainers cause what 2 **** do they know about running?? I run in Mizunos cause they been in trainers for years.

Branded products that are made by other company with just logo slammed on is for suckers.

One always goes for source designer / producent.. O ye and I'm avoiding razers chinese junk lol

Feom asus id only buy Motherboard and Monitor everything else id get from better options.

Dj dree beats anyone ?? Lol

Not always the case. The EVGA power supplies for instance that offered 10 year warranty and made by seasonic for instance. Also Corsair stuff is branded and not made by them :/ They also have pretty bad rep for their PSU. They had a number of mid range that were awful tbh.

Asus I have avoided monitors after having one replaced 4 times before getting full refund. Awful QA and service from them. Not sure their mobo's are much better considering their mark up to other brands. Gigabyte have had bad patches too though with reducing VRM spec mid manufacture of their gaming 7 in previous releases and they removed bluetooth support on another without changing the marketing for about 3 months. They do build pretty solid though.

Am likely to go Asrock next time as they seem to push what is on a board and wanting MATX myself next time.

Man of Honour
Feom asus id only buy Motherboard and Monitor everything else id get from better options.

I've had nothing but trouble with Asus motherboards and monitors - I've had a whole string of ROG monitors die within weeks or months that I've owned myself, back in the day had several of their boards die on me - usually due to poor build quality - and done troubleshooting for friends/family on so many monitors or boards that haven't stood up to the test of time any better than your average cheap far eastern junk. I'm surprised sometimes by the reputation they have with certain posters here (and some of them have considerable expertise and/or work in a relevant field) as my experience hasn't been anything like what they talk about. The only thing *touch wood* that hasn't caused any real problems is the Asus router I'm using RT-N66U though even that was saved by 3rd party firmware as the stock ones aren't great.

Soldato
its a bit of both. The MB has got to be able to supply stable voltage at those frequencies and also the traces are optimised for certain specs, that have probably changed with the Ryzen2 series.

Yea I assumed as much.

Having all manor of issues with my 1700 and this 3200MHz 8 pack ram.

The 3200Mhz stuff should be easy to achieve with a 2700x and my existing PRIME X370-PRO?

3600MHz not so much...

I just don't know what to do.

1. Send 8 Pack ram back. When Ryzen 2700x launches see how others fair and buy 2700x and 3600Mhz ram. (But will it work on a X370 board?)
2. Keep 8 Pack ram and buy 2700x when launches and just be happy at 3200Mhz.
3. Bye bye Ryzen hello 8700k and 4000Mhz ram.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yea I assumed as much.

Having all manor of issues with my 1700 and this 3200MHz 8 pack ram.

The 3200Mhz stuff should be easy to achieve with a 2700x and my existing PRIME X370-PRO?

3600MHz not so much...

I just don't know what to do.

1. Send 8 Pack ram back. When Ryzen 2700x launches see how others fair and buy 2700x and 3600Mhz ram. (But will it work on a X370 board?)
2. Keep 8 Pack ram and buy 2700x when launches and just be happy at 3200Mhz.
3. Bye bye Ryzen hello 8700k and 4000Mhz ram.
Looking how You are doing id go Intel.

Soldato
I thought was always the case that with ddr4 ram on AMD you had to get it rated higher than you need cause of the AMD IMC issues?

So e.g. to run 3200 buy say 3866 ram?

Soldato
9XnNF3y.jpg

Looks like official word is a 3% uplift in IPC between Zen and Zen+

So a 4.35GHz Zen+ = ~4.5GHz Zen.
So about what Skylake did and better than Kaby Lake then. :p

3% is disappointing at face value but I was expecting 0% so I'll take it. I assume all of this IPC uplift is from latency improvements, and more can be had with faster RAM.

Associate
So we should see better results on the X470 boards as it looks like his X370 could only run his 3600 memory @ 3533.

Im sat here with a 4770K and 290X chucking so much heat out into my room after playing The Division. Got the cash in the bank and so tempted to just pre order the following.

EVGA 1080 GTX Hybrid
ASUS X470 Prime
Gskill 3600 cas 16 DDR4 16 gig kit
2700X Zen+
Fractal design 240mm AIO cooler
White sleeved cable extension kit.

Got a new case and SSD sat waiting but really want to make sure I get the right memory speed and motherboard so will wait for the reviews.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So we should see better results on the X470 boards as it looks like his X370 could only run his 3600 memory @ 3533.

Im sat here with a 4770K and 290X chucking so much heat out into my room after playing The Division. Got the cash in the bank and so tempted to just pre order the following.

EVGA 1080 GTX Hybrid
ASUS X470 Prime
Gskill 3600 cas 16 DDR4 16 gig kit
2700X Zen+
Fractal design 240mm AIO cooler
White sleeved cable extension kit.

Got a new case and SSD sat waiting but really want to make sure I get the right memory speed and motherboard so will wait for the reviews.
Ye we had a chat other day said no matter what cant get 3600 to boot. Considering hes got 3600cl14 full stable with 1700x i know he knows how to fine tune :)

Soldato
Not always the case. The EVGA power supplies for instance that offered 10 year warranty and made by seasonic for instance. Also Corsair stuff is branded and not made by them :/ They also have pretty bad rep for their PSU. They had a number of mid range that were awful tbh.

Asus I have avoided monitors after having one replaced 4 times before getting full refund. Awful QA and service from them. Not sure their mobo's are much better considering their mark up to other brands. Gigabyte have had bad patches too though with reducing VRM spec mid manufacture of their gaming 7 in previous releases and they removed bluetooth support on another without changing the marketing for about 3 months. They do build pretty solid though.

Am likely to go Asrock next time as they seem to push what is on a board and wanting MATX myself next time.

The good EVGA power supplies (nova GX for example) were mostly superflower rebrands. The leadex platform was/is as good as the best seasonic but cheaper to make. They've basically made a name for themselves using good OEMs, they do now slip out the odd cheaper made PSU, living on their brandname with those that don't know better. Corsair before them did similar, was a point they had easily the best PSU's. They built their name for the part then switched to using cheaper OEMs, same thing all the time.

Back
Top Bottom