• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Asus can't even provide a sufficient power supply witg their 800 quid monitors so I doubt their motherboards are anywhere near up to snuff.

Permabanned
The 8700K runs at 4.3Ghz all cores, provided the cooling is good enough, given that all reviewers use £150 of higher priced coolers when reviewing the chip what you see in all reviews is best case, some of those reviews on Asus boards the CPU is running at 4.7Ghz all cores.

4.3Ghz is not a low clock speed, pretty much all 8700K overclock to 4.8Ghz with good cooling, that's about a 10% overclock, not much more than what Ryzen 2 overclocks.

I doubt that's the case in this review because if it was running at those clocks the 6700k wouldn't be pulling ahead of it as a stock clock 6700k only boosts to 4.2.
You're right though we're still left with more questions than answers regarding how the clocks are behaving during the tests so we'll have to wait and see for ourselves.
Not long now. :D

Permabanned
In all honesty I have never liked the cosy relationship media have had with hardware vendors. All this free review sampling to me is bulllcrap. A reviewer should be anonymous to the vendor so to achieve that they should be buying random retail parts and I also feel a reviewer is more likely to be honest if they spending actual cash to get the product giving a second reason to go out and buy stuff. Whilst if they getting free review samples, they are always going to have to think about printing something that may shed a negative light on the company as they always going to want to protect their position of getting future review samples. That alone is going to compromise the integrity of a reviewer.

In a perfect World sure that'd be the best way to get an honest opinion. They''d have to be viewer only funded for it too work, The problem is the companies are watching the net to see who's becoming a popular reviewer and then they start sending them a product or two before reeling them in.

Associate
Aye thats the way i see it, become big enough to make a difference and you will start being "groomed by a company.
I still remember a few notes a site (that i cannot remember now) made when they had attended an Nvidia event for something, they came away with a "goody bag" except it was more like a "goodies sack".. lots of the usual press crap and several more expensive and hard to acquire items - just... "hey here you go thanks for coming to our event of XYZ... here is your payment for the good reviews your about to make"

Soldato
Asus can't even provide a sufficient power supply witg their 800 quid monitors so I doubt their motherboards are anywhere near up to snuff.

Well, as someone that uses an Asus PA279 i've got no idea where your coming from on that statement ? Ok, not £800 but does me very nicely thanks.
As it happens, i use said screen with a C6H............................the C6H has had no issues with power delivery in all the time i've had it. Maybe you should just learn to clock properly, not leave things on AUTO and take control yourself ? After all, that is what clocking is about.................isn't it ?

Soldato
Well, as someone that uses an Asus PA279 i've got no idea where your coming from on that statement ? Ok, not £800 but does me very nicely thanks.
As it happens, i use said screen with a C6H............................the C6H has had no issues with power delivery in all the time i've had it. Maybe you should just learn to clock properly, not leave things on AUTO and take control yourself ? After all, that is what clocking is about.................isn't it ?

You'll learn..

Cute post though, you really seem to love the corner cutting huge company who charges through the nose for dross.

Permabanned
I'm always willing to learn. As long as the person doing the teaching is worth listening to. Sometimes though they are are just the usual peeps that have no idea what they are talking about.
As i see there ware 5 good X370 boards Asus Crosshair Vi + Wifi option + extreme option ASRock Tachi & Fatal1ty.
Rest had some **** VRM sections but had... loads of some crap RGB's...
New X470 Gigabyte gaming 7 looks good tho like they noticed that cooling of VRM good thing !!!
6e80b288c242996b.jpg

I like this !!!!

If I want to see Flashing lights i go to a RAVE not start my freaking pc up !!!

Soldato
As i see there ware 5 good X370 boards Asus Crosshair Vi + Wifi option + extreme option ASRock Tachi & Fatal1ty.
New X470 Gigabyte gaming 7 looks good tho like they noticed that cooling of VRM good thing !!!
6e80b288c242996b.jpg

I like this !!!!

Yep it does Look good and low profile lol. Thing is though, none of us know's properly yet if the 2700X performs any better on that than a CH6. Until i do, i defo would not change. In fact, i'll just buy a 2700X and clock the nut's off of it on my CH6. If after that it looks like a CH7 or another mobo is better, then that's the time to look at changing.

Soldato
6e80b288c242996b.jpg

I like this !!!!

yes the top ROG asus boards are fine, its their lower boards they started dropping their standards. From say 5 or so years ago. Although the top ROG boards are dropping some features tho.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I getting annoyed now.

I bought the 8 pack ram to solve my instability issues and it's made things worse.

You can see my thread here.

I'm thinking of just selling up and getting a 8700k myself.

You need to reset everything to defaults, then get your memory stable at whatever speed you are aiming for and properly test it. Once that is solid start working on your CPU overclock.

Back
Top Bottom