Avicii dies age 28

Caporegime
Geez, all aboard the drug overdose train just because he it's a dj?

He's had multiple health issues over the years and had to stop touring as a result. Pretty sure he wouldn't be risking his life with illegal drugs now as a result.

RIP

Soldato

He's had multiple health issues over the years and had to stop touring as a result. Pretty sure he wouldn't be risking his life with illegal drugs now as a result.

RIP
Though I believe his health issues where cause from heavy drinking.

Caporegime

RIP

It's because of the statement his "representative" released, which is something that could only be described as bizarre if it was natural causes.

Soldato

RIP

It is because it usually is drug related.

The list of artists who have died before their time because of their abuse of drugs is rather long.

It's a situation that has an unfortunate history that seems to regularly come to the same conclusion.

The only difference is the choice of poison.

Soldato
Sad that somebody so young has died, but I have no idea who he is.

Well you wouldn't if your not into the scene.
Although his music wasn't my genre of the dance scene i come from you have to respect on what he actually achieved at the age he was, same old droids coming in saying drugs drink blah blah yawn.

Caporegime
It took 49 posts - that must be a record.
Even I know how to Google.

• One of the biggest names in dance music of the last 10 years, he had a catalogue full of pumping, uplifting, house smashes
  • He started his career when he won a production competition held by Pete Tong in 2008
  • He went on to notch up 11 billion streams on Spotify and was the first EDM DJ to stage a worldwide arena tour
  • He was nominated for two Grammy Awards and had nine UK top 10 singles, including two number ones

Honestly I don't know how people manage to go through life not knowing who he is. Even if you people don't listen to his music they'll have heard it in shops / shopping centres / events / whatever. The "who?" response in this case really speaks volumes about people tbh. Must be a hermit luddite.

Man of Honour
Honestly I don't know how people manage to go through life not knowing who he is. Even if you people don't listen to his music they'll have heard it in shops / shopping centres / events / whatever. The "who?" response in this case really speaks volumes about people tbh. Must be a hermit luddite.

Personally I have heard his music but never heard his name before but I'm not a dick who would say 'Who?".
I Googled him and listened to him.

Soldato
Well you wouldn't if your not into the scene.
Although his music wasn't my genre of the dance scene i come from you have to respect on what he actually achieved at the age he was, same old droids coming in saying drugs drink blah blah yawn.

Or how about we pass on the larger lesson here. Drink can seriously mess you up at ANY age despite what successes you may have. His health complications in life where from hard excessive drinking, which if I remember he put a lot down to being so popular in such a short time.

Man of Honour
I must admit I didn't know who he was. But today there have been lots of his songs of the radio and I'm surprised how many I recognize. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom