Fractal Design Define R6

Associate
Front radiator

120/240/360 mm 140/280 mm

Top radiator

Standard layout: - 120/240/360 mm (max 35 mm motherboard component height)

Open layout: - 120/240/360 mm - 140/280/420 mm (max 35 mm motherboard component height)

Rear radiator

120 mm

Bottom radiator

120/240 mm 140/280 mm

Associate
A 420mm rad won't physically fit inside the case unless the mod involves having it poke out the top. The external height of the case is only 448mm excluding feet. My 420 EK radiator is shorter than my old XSPC and even that is still 460mm+ in length.

Soldato
A 420mm rad won't physically fit inside the case unless the mod involves having it poke out the top. The external height of the case is only 448mm excluding feet. My 420 EK radiator is shorter than my old XSPC and even that is still 460mm+ in length.

Thanks, I'm currently running a magic cool 360 on thew roof of my old and battered Corsair 700D and looking for a change when my bonus come in

I think a 360 rad (might get a new one) will still be able to cool the below rig well with the rad mounted in the front. I would need tube res top for my D5 pump though (currently running a bay res) and prob some new fittings as well.

Associate
I have built my R6 blackout edition case and is an air cooled system. One of the main reasons for getting this case is noise, I want it to be as quiet as it can be, therefore I'm looking for a little advice regarding fans and what type / make of fans to use.

I'm guessing that it would be best to replace the stock fans for something else! Would it be worth the hassle? I'm running the Asus Maximus VIII hero motherboard with an i7-6700k + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 - it's not overclocked and want the ability for the fans to automatically adjust depending on what i'm doing! In everyday usage I want it be really quiet but I understand that it will need to adjust when i'm playing a game for example!

I have left the fans as default - 2no. x 140mm at the front & 1no. x 140mm at the rear.

I was thinking of replacing these with 3no. NF-P14s redux-1200 PWM (https://noctua.at/en/products/fan) - have them all connected directly to the motherboard and use the Asus software to control. Does this sound like a plan or what do you guys think?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
I have built my R6 blackout edition case and is an air cooled system. One of the main reasons for getting this case is noise, I want it to be as quiet as it can be, therefore I'm looking for a little advice regarding fans and what type / make of fans to use.

I'm guessing that it would be best to replace the stock fans for something else! Would it be worth the hassle? I'm running the Asus Maximus VIII hero motherboard with an i7-6700k + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 - it's not overclocked and want the ability for the fans to automatically adjust depending on what i'm doing! In everyday usage I want it be really quiet but I understand that it will need to adjust when i'm playing a game for example!

I have left the fans as default - 2no. x 140mm at the front & 1no. x 140mm at the rear.

I was thinking of replacing these with 3no. NF-P14s redux-1200 PWM (https://noctua.at/en/products/fan) - have them all connected directly to the motherboard and use the Asus software to control. Does this sound like a plan or what do you guys think?

Cheers

Currently just running one as a server with 9 HDDs the fans are controlled by the motherboard on a quiet profile and I can not hear them from a meter away. Trouble you are going to have Is the fact that most older motherboards and graphics cards control the fan speeds in relation to CPU temperatures but gaming PCs need the fans to adjust with the GPU temps.I don't know if your Mobo or GPU have this capability.

Some top end GPUs now come with fan headers to control fans and I think some high end motherboards can link the fans to vid card temps. Your best bet is to get a fan controller into the 5.25 bay and control fans that way and see if you can live with the stock fans noise before looking to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom