Fractal Design Define R6

Associate
Yes steel accounts for the weight. I was wondering though, once the case is has all your components in it, just how heavy it is? Can one reasonably fit person lift it OK, or is it so heavy it is best not to try?

Soldato
Yes steel accounts for the weight. I was wondering though, once the case is has all your components in it, just how heavy it is? Can one reasonably fit person lift it OK, or is it so heavy it is best not to try?

Its not really very heavy at all no.

Associate

Oh yeah still be totally easy to lift. I mean if it was for constant moving from room to room you might want a different case for ease but just for the odd move it's a non issue

Associate
its slightly heavier than my old corsair 300r full of parts but its manageable alone., turned my rad around with the tubes at the top now and it has made a big difference, the 980ti isnt as hot and the cpu is slightly cooler too

Associate
Thanks you all been very helpful and helped me make my mind up to buy. Most of the time the case lives under my desk; I just need to lift out sometimes for *upgrades*.

Associate
Thanks you all been very helpful and helped me make my mind up to buy. Most of the time the case lives under my desk; I just need to lift out sometimes for *upgrades*.
same here mate, just make sure you put them on a piece of wood so the carpet doesnt block the psu fan if you have it facing down :)

Soldato
Mass damping of side panels likely makes about kilogram.
Steel's 2½ time the density takes care of rest.

As for components those likely make about 5kg with PSU being about 2kg.
Motherboard, CPU cooler and HDD easily makes couple kilograms, higher end graphics cards are again likely in class of 1kg

And if that OCZ PSU is say five years old would be for replacing it soon, it has cheap capacitors badly placed for cooling.
Instead of second tier Teapos can be even worser ones like TRec's in this individual:
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases...tream-Pro-600W-Power-Supply-Review/Under-Hood

Before current Lian Li PC-A71B had couple full towers from steel.
Chieftec DA-01 likely had about 15kg empty weight and previous owner had added bitumen mat for mass damping so it certainly weighted 2kg more.
Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 had 14,7kg weight and that was already with Aluminum side panels. (added BeQuiet's combination mat to panels)
After very thorough lining with BeQuiet's combination mat Lian Li is likely still 5kg lighter than those.

Anyway 20kg of Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 makes Define's weight light...:p
http://nanoxia-world.com/en/product...-silence-6-rev.-b-anthracite?c=127#block-tech

Associate
Got my R6 yesterday but the front panel has a dent in it, several inches long. Strangely the packing case is undamaged. Hopefully OCUK will just send me a replacement panel, I really don’t want to have to return the whole case.

Edit: got an RMA to return the whole case, oh well...

Last edited:
Soldato
Built my new system in this case yesterday, really nice case to work with, plenty of room.

One thing I don’t like though which 99% of case manufacturers do is they don’t leave enough room behind the motherboard tray for all the cables and they end up getting squashed when you put the side panel back on.

Why can’t they make it 2” thicker so the door panel doesn’t squash against the back panel.

I found there was loads of room and had zero problems at all, one of the best for room behind the case.

Associate
Got my R6 yesterday but the front panel has a dent in it, several inches long. Strangely the packing case is undamaged. Hopefully OCUK will just send me a replacement panel, I really don’t want to have to return the whole case.

Edit: got an RMA to return the whole case, oh well...
Ahhh bummer. Is it sorted now?

Associate
My Define 6 just arrived today. I prefer the Blackout version but have PC components all over my study floor that need a home so couldn't wait for stock. Just a boring air cooled build for now. It will be replacing the trusty Fractal Design Node 304 as my new, expanded NAS case which will double as a second gaming machine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Received my one of these today, accidentally ordered the one without the glass side panel. Does anyone know if you can order the side panels seperately? Alternatively,anyone want to swap a glass panel for a metal one?

Back
Top Bottom