Poll: Monaco Grand Prix 2018, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Rate the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Another race where I'm going to moan about the graphics and audio. More stupid, needless delays in updating the driver list on the left. It was infuriating when Hulk came out in front of Verstappen who'd pitted. The camera followed the leading train, yet because the graphics are so slow and dim-witted it was impossible to tell if Verstappen actually made the pass. It jusy showed Hulk with a blank interval. I know the timing loops are every 200m, but this must have taken most of a lap to fix itself. There were several other instances during the race too.

Not to mention the brief re-appearance of 'Lastname Lastname' again. I don't understand how it's gotten so bad this year.

Also the sound from onboard shots is still not in sync with the picture, and has been this way since Australia. I noticed it most when on board with Vettel in the race around lap 20. You could see how far out it was from the gear display on his steering wheel. It even made Brundle comment on Hamilton that he seemed slow to accelerate out of the chicane at one point, but he wasn't it was just the ****** sound making it appear that way.

Soldato
The thet names are a joke, they need to drop a company and move them all back to the proper names starting with hard. This years medium is a hard from a few years ago, hence the hyper soft!

Soldato
think they need to consider naming the tyres better too.

Hyper soft, super soft, ultra soft i forgot which compound was with so many times and never new which tyre was which when they where discussing tactics.

Maybe change them to M M M M Monster soft! ?

Pirelli are introducing the Super Duper soft compound for then next race apparently.

Soldato
Why do we need 7 different compounds??? That sounds mental! Why cant they just have a soft, medium and hard (Which actually are and not different from race to race?) Where did the need for the other 4 to come from? OR are 2 of those wet and intermediate? They complain its too complicated yet at the same time do stuff like this. :rolleyes:

Don
Why do we need 7 different compounds??? That sounds mental! Why cant they just have a soft, medium and hard (Which actually are and not different from race to race?) Where did the need for the other 4 to come from? OR are 2 of those wet and intermediate? They complain its too complicated yet at the same time do stuff like this. :rolleyes:

Because circuits have different requirements (braking, no. of corners, top speed, track material/abrasion).
Monaco requires very soft tyres, in order to ensure they can warm up, whereas an abrasive circuit like Spain requires Hard/Medium compounds for the required longevity.

Change makes sense from a viewers point of view, why talk about 7 different tyres, when there are only ever 3 options (excluding wets/inters) at any given race weekend.

Permabanned
One but if there was a zero, I would vote a zero.
I am still frustrated how both Ferrari and Mercedes gave up on fighting and the entire race was driving enjoying the streets there.
Vettel should have immediatelly pitted for HyperSofts when the first hints of Red Bull's problems appeared. If that happened, Sebastian would have been the winner.

Man of Honour
One but if there was a zero, I would vote a zero.
I am still frustrated how both Ferrari and Mercedes gave up on fighting and the entire race was driving enjoying the streets there.
Vettel should have immediatelly pitted for HyperSofts when the first hints of Red Bull's problems appeared. If that happened, Sebastian would have been the winner.

If he did that, he probably would have been 3rd to 5th instead. Track position is king in Monaco, you can be several seconds a lap faster and still not be able to pass.

Soldato
Because circuits have different requirements (braking, no. of corners, top speed, track material/abrasion).
Monaco requires very soft tyres, in order to ensure they can warm up, whereas an abrasive circuit like Spain requires Hard/Medium compounds for the required longevity.

Change makes sense from a viewers point of view, why talk about 7 different tyres, when there are only ever 3 options (excluding wets/inters) at any given race weekend.

But its not like there are many new tracks. We've been running the same bunch for ages with 3 main compounds with no issue. Although i guess the biggest issue is the fact that the tyres arent particularly designed to go as fast as possible rather as fast as possible, but only for so long while making the races more interesting. This will frustrate the die hards who want to know what the actual tyres are i think as it wont be as easy to find out i guess. Hopefully the next set of regulations can shake all this up some more.

Back
Top Bottom