Poll: Monaco Grand Prix 2018, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Rate the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Don't understand why they don't pit if they can go 5-6s faster. Three laps and you're back and you should be able to pass with the extra grip

'Cos you can't pass at Monaco? Track position trumps fresher tyres here. A car down 160 horsepower can't be passed by one of the fastest cars on the grid for 50 laps. Monaco isn't worthy of being a modern F1 track, but it's a vanity track where the rich and famous schmooze.

Associate
Love the channel 4 coverage. hope they have this live next year too.

They wont be showing any in future they didn't renew deal 2019 it's Sly exclusive

'Cos you can't pass at Monaco? Track position trumps fresher tyres here. A car down 160 horsepower can't be passed by one of the fastest cars on the grid for 50 laps. Monaco isn't worthy of being a modern F1 track, but it's a vanity track where the rich and famous schmooze.

Not 100% true if you have fresh tires compared to old you will get better drive of the corners giving you better option to over take which is still very difficult but not impossible and Sebs tires was shot which is why he couldn't push had he had new hyper ones on he would have gone past him.

It is a joke of a track and the only races that have been good was when it rained many years ago which now they wouldn't even let them go out if it was like that.

Strange to not see a proper safety car the amount of times they have used it for much less then we saw today

Man of Honour
A cracking result for Hamilton. Weakest track for Mercedes, finished 3rd. What has seemed like a poor start for Mercedes sees them well ahead of where they were this time last year.

Caporegime
A cracking result for Hamilton. Weakest track for Mercedes, finished 3rd. What has seemed like a poor start for Mercedes sees them well ahead of where they were this time last year.

Yeah, well ahead. It's an interesting comparison actually, same five drivers in the top five but only three of the same teams. Last year, Force India and Toro Rosso were doing well; this year it's Renault and McLaren.

Associate
Watching the Indy 500 has given me a new found respect for the aerodynamics of all the teams in F1.

So many cars just snapping instantly when getting in bad air, absolutely nothing the driver can do.

Associate
Was definitely a fun watch, enjoyed it more than last year.

Much like Alonsos engine failure last year, the end of this years race misfired pretty hard with both cars pitting.

Soldato
Wilson was in the seat Alonso had last year incidentally.

Please F1/Liberty or whoever if you never nick one thing from US motorsports coverage NEVER start giving me wife cam and wife interviews after the race! I don't give a **** what Mrs Bloggs thinks!!!

Soldato
well i missed the race live and i do not know why i watched the whole recording. Monaco is boring but that was boring for Monaco.

They where biging up Riccis win but was it that impressive? he clearly had pace in hand at the end and its Monaco, you can be 5 seconds a lap faster and not be able to pass.

Back
Top Bottom