• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Thanks Matt.

@AMDMatt any luck mate? I've had a reply on my Youtube video, looks like it's not unique to me so could well be an issue there.
Can you provide reproduction steps and the best area in the game to reproduce?

Just downloaded the game and loaded up the single player campaign but not seen anything untoward yet.

Is anything overclocked? Because i am testing on a stock GPU.

Soldato
Can you provide reproduction steps and the best area in the game to reproduce?

Just downloaded the game and loaded up the single player campaign but not seen anything untoward yet.

Is anything overclocked? Because i am testing on a stock GPU.

Its in the area North West of the Map, its a miserable looking dull area that is quite rainy. Other people are reporting the same issues dude so its not like its unique to me.

42567912381_31c4b2a65b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I don't doubt that Tony, but i need to be able to reproduce it myself to raise an issue with so few reports and details.

Can you provide a save game near that spot, or at least details on how to reach that area quickly when starting a new game?

Soldato
I don't doubt that Tony, but i need to be able to reproduce it myself to raise an issue with so few reports and details.

Can you provide a save game near that spot, or at least details on how to reach that area quickly when starting a new game?

Sure thing, I can give you the server address as I'm playing MP online, then can get you there quickly.

The server is UK/EU Lost Vikings 5XXP Harvest

I'm just uploading a video with the graphic settings, i'll post here when its uploaded. The flickering tends to happen at night only, and also I think there's lots of shimmering on the small grass and flowers in that area. I can't tell if the twinkling is a game design in that area, or if it's another issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it sooo much of a pita to get my RX580 installing drivers on a fresh Win10 install?
Locks up during the adrenaline install when trying to detect hardware, extract the files and try to install thru device manager and get bsod...

Caporegime
OP
Sure thing, I can give you the server address as I'm playing MP online, then can get you there quickly.

The server is UK/EU Lost Vikings 5XXP Harvest

I'm just uploading a video with the graphic settings, i'll post here when its uploaded. The flickering tends to happen at night only, and also I think there's lots of shimmering on the small grass and flowers in that area. I can't tell if the twinkling is a game design in that area, or if it's another issue.

Video unavailable Tony. :(

Soldato
Hello,
Is there any word yet that mid range users (580, Fury, etc) will be able to play Assetto Corsa Competizione above 60 FPS using Highest IQ settings? This game will be announced and promo'd next week live during E3 on 6-12-18. I understand that racing games aren't talked about much but there is a loyal following. Below is a video from the software Engineer and developer where it was confirmed that this game will use Unreal Engine 4 and has support for Vulkan, DX12 and DX11.

When Vulkan was discussed it was done in a way in which they indicate having problems with Vulkan. It seems, to me, that Vulkan isn't working for them. Furthermore, they seem to suggest that AMD needs to provide them with Driver support for DX11 variant of the game. Historically, UE has not worked well with AMD video cards. Perhaps that's change since version 4.19 and 4.20. However it's unclear what version of UE4 they are using.

@ 28:22 - 29:13 for confirmation on Vulkan support. However towards the end of that he talks about Vulkan breaking?

@ 31:20 - 34:22: Interviewer tells developer that UE has been known to be bias towards Nv. Which caused a bit of concern for AMD users. IMO the answer they gave isn't convincing. "I don't think that's the case...why would they...it wouldn't be smart on their part..." Is the initial answer. Although they use Nvidia's "tool" for UE4 it said it doesn't make AMD performance worst. They indicate it comes down to "Drivers (DX11)". "...hopefully UE get a lot of attention from driver developers from Nvidia and AMD..."

@ 32:50 Interviewer: You're fairly confident that performance will be similar across both?
Answer: If one VC is more powerful than the other...there is no reason to expect differently with ACC... There is no part of code saying If Nvidia card "do this..."
(ME: problem here is the UE which has been known to skew results).

Towards the end of that Q/A they suggest that performance between AMD/Nvida are the same which confuses me to what they said earlier. A lot of back and forth going on IMO. This game has TWIMTBP on it. So, I have to ask if RTG is involved with them? Can we simply use Vulkan instead of DX11? Because historically AMD has never performed well with Unreal Engine titles.

Associate
Are these drivers 18.5.2 actually saving profiles?...….. I apply a profile in Far Cry 5 then the next day after a reboot I look in the driver and the profile has been disabled :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom