• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
@AMDMatt So i have a 2700X now and decided to try the latest 18.5.2 drivers, they seem fine atm except for some mouse lag/freeze when i turn of 1 on my 2 HDMI monitors while still running the DP primary display.

Moving the mouse around seems to freeze every 2 seconds when i turn off either of the monitors connected by HDMI..

Any ideas?

EDIT, actually it happens when i turn off the 2nd display, so just running display 1 and 3.. weird.

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt So i have a 2700X now and decided to try the latest 18.5.2 drivers, they seem fine atm except for some mouse lag/freeze when i turn of 1 on my 2 HDMI monitors while still running the DP primary display.

Moving the mouse around seems to freeze every 2 seconds when i turn off either of the monitors connected by HDMI..

Any ideas?

EDIT, actually it happens when i turn off the 2nd display, so just running display 1 and 3.. weird.
Known issue under investigation mate.

Caporegime
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONADRENALIN-18.6.1
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Highlights

Support For

• Warhammer™: Vermintide 2
    • Up to 9% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).1
    • Up to 10% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).2
Fixed Issues

• Subnautica™ may experience a black screen on launch or during gameplay.
  • Sea of Thieves™ may experience a crash or hang while playing in the Cannon Cove area.
  • Desktop may not be visible or may appear out of the display area when using 8K resolution on Radeon Pro Duo.
  • World of Tanks™ may experience square corruption on some ground textures in multi GPU system configurations.
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War™ may experience flickering in some game menus or when configuring displays when using multi GPU system configurations.
  • World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering on the mini map in multi GPU system configurations.
Known Issues

• Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
  • Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
  • The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
  • Corruption may be experienced with OGL or Vulkan™ API applications on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
  • Sea of Thieves™ may experience corruption on ship sails or ropes while standing on a boat.
  • Radeon Chill may experience lower than expected minimum frame rates if a game is left idle with Radeon Chill enabled for extended periods of time.
Footnotes

• (1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of June 12, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 56, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With extreme preset settings on Warhammer: Vermintide 2, at 2560x1440, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 66.4 FPS with Radeon Software 18.5.2, whereas the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 72.2 FPS with Radeon Software 18.6.1. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon Software 18.6.1 has 9% faster performance in Warhammer: Vermintide 2. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers.
  • (2) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of June 12, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon RX 580 (8GB), on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With extreme preset settings on Warhammer: Vermintide 2, at 2560x1440, the Radeon RX 580 (8GB) scored 48.0 FPS with Radeon Software 18.5.2, whereas the Radeon RX 580 (8GB) scored 53.0 FPS with Radeon Software 18.6.1. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon Software 18.6.1 has 10% faster performance in Warhammer: Vermintide 2. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.6.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Soldato
I agree that 3 months between driver releases is unacceptable but it's a lot better than what motherboard manufacturers tend to do, i.e. provide a driver a year after it was released then never update it. :D

Associate
Nope, we're still working on on that issue and we've only just reproduced it in house.

Check release notes for any game specific optimisations.

I do check the notes but i'm not sure that everything is added to them, are they?

I saw somebody say a while back that other fixes etc are added but not always put into the notes.

Cheers :)

Btw If you've not seen other posts of mine, i'm all AMD setup now with a 2700X.. bloody nice chip :D

Caporegime
OP
I do check the notes but i'm not sure that everything is added to them, are they?

I saw somebody say a while back that other fixes etc are added but not always put into the notes.

Cheers :)

Btw If you've not seen other posts of mine, i'm all AMD setup now with a 2700X.. bloody nice chip :D
Not everything is listed in terms of fixed/known issues.

I saw, nice setup dude and welcome to the Ryzen team.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't able to reproduce it myself as i couldn't find an easy and quick way to get to that area, but I've opened a ticket with engineering.

that's a shame you personally couldn't replicate it as others are now commenting with the same issue. Thanks for opening the ticket though, not sure how seriously they'll take it though as you weren't able to show it happening. Will be another bug that rolls on and on and the accidentally fixes itself somewhere down the line I expect.

Caporegime
OP
that's a shame you personally couldn't replicate it as others are now commenting with the same issue. Thanks for opening the ticket though, not sure how seriously they'll take it though as you weren't able to show it happening. Will be another bug that rolls on and on and the accidentally fixes itself somewhere down the line I expect.
Don't worry we'll still look at it, it's just helpful if i can reproduce it myself so i can provide clear instructions.

Soldato
Were you able to find anything on the Freesync issue?

Seems to be one of those obscure problems.

A few reports of it online but always with the same solution, using Crimson drivers.

Something was changed post Crimson but a matter of finding out what.

Back
Top Bottom