Confederate flags in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
How common is the flying of the Confederate Flag in the UK? My new next door neighbours have erected a nice new flag pole and are flying one. Can't say I have seen one in the UK for many years. They are into their Harley Davidsons, having a his and a hers, so may be they are into country and western too, is it still a country music lovers / southern States symbol? I know some Americans get a bit touch of the vapourish about them these days.

Soldato
I am suddenly reminded of the "we got both kinds of music, country AND western" line in the Blue Brothers :)

I seem to remember confederate flags being more common here about 40 years ago when the Duke of Hazzard was on TV, not so much these days unless you are near the US air bases in East Anglia.

Man of Honour
I seem to remember confederate flags being more common here about 40 years ago when the Duke of Hazzard was on TV, not so much these days unless you are near the US air bases in East Anglia.

Was going to say when I was a kid in the 80s - not quite 40 years ago - you'd see the odd car with the confederate flag painted on the bonnet - usually Ford Capris probably due to their slightly American car look.

Not really seen it in years and years now.

Soldato
How common is the flying of the Confederate Flag in the UK? My new next door neighbours have erected a nice new flag pole and are flying one. Can't say I have seen one in the UK for many years. They are into their Harley Davidsons, having a his and a hers, so may be they are into country and western too, is it still a country music lovers / southern States symbol? I know some Americans get a bit touch of the vapourish about them these days.

Please let them be from Dudley.

Soldato
Guys it's Chris Wilson so there is a 90% chance of this being an attention seeking/troll thread.

That's ok. I'm amusing myself (far too much if truth be told :D ) by repeating "This is Beau Peep to lost sheep, do you copy?" in a Dudley accent.

Soldato
We need an English Dukes of Hazard.

"The Lords of Merrymaking"?

They could fly the flag of St George, drive Morris Itals and listen to Jim Davidson records.

Caporegime

Admit it, your neighbour is you isn’t it.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom