It's too hot :(

Soldato
People pay hundreds even thousands of £'s to go away for a week, 2 weeks or even a month of constant weather like we've had for the past 2 months, soon as we get it in our country everybody is moaning how it's too hot

Not everyone's moaning. Probably just those of us that have never paid any £££ to go to somewhere with weather like this...

Man of Honour
Not everyone's moaning. Probably just those of us that have never paid any £££ to go to somewhere with weather like this...

Normally when you pay money to get weather like this you don't have to do every day things like working, etc. in the weather :s

Soldato
Normally when you pay money to get weather like this you don't have to do every day things like working, etc. in the weather :s

Yet the people who actually live there, pretty much most of Europe get on just fine with weather like this, just like they get on fine with snow in winter

UK is just a bunch of weather moaners, they moan when it's typically cloudy and wet and moan when it's nice and sunny there's no pleasing

Soldato
Time to invest in air con companies? lol

What actually is the practicality of getting air con at home? It's not something I've ever really though about, but if we get to a point where summers are regularly getting this hot it might be time to think about it!

Someone needs to invent a central heating mod that super cools in summer and allows normal heating in winter

Soldato
Getting bored of 30c and dry now. Need some rain before the whole garden turns to tinder:p

What actually is the practicality of getting air con at home? It's not something I've ever really though about, but if we get to a point where summers are regularly getting this hot it might be time to think about it!

It's not cheap, about £1200 a unit/room to do it properly and that was "mates rates". It's also expensive to run (though it's very cheap to heat rooms using them).

Last edited:
Soldato
Weather forecast looks promising for next week. All cloudy but no rain forecast yet.
Come on..... some rain i need to kill the damn thrips and not having to keep windows closed all day until 18:00.

Soldato
Yet the people who actually live there, pretty much most of Europe get on just fine with weather like this, just like they get on fine with snow in winter

UK is just a bunch of weather moaners, they moan when it's typically cloudy and wet and moan when it's nice and sunny there's no pleasing

Except they traditionally pack up shop for hottest part of the day and siesta and resume when its cooled down somewhat. Mad dogs and Englishmen and all that.

If I could get a small portable one I would the ones I've seen are pretty large.

Someone needs to invent a central heating mod that super cools in summer and allows normal heating in winter

I was in a hotel in California like that turn the knob one way its a heater the other and the air con came on. Divine. Noisy bugger though you couldn't sleep with it on.

Getting bored of 30c and dry now. Need some rain before the whole garden turns to tinder:p

It already is the grass is dead its just straw now if someone put a match to it I reckon the whole lot would go up in flames, wooosh!

Soldato

You lead the way, tell us what either pole is like for a few weeks, I'm sure you will be fine.;)

Soldato
As many in here, I hate hot weather, right now its uncomfortably hot.
When you start are sweating just sitting down (not overweight), that's a sign its TOO DAMM HOT.
I love the winter when its nice and cold....

Soldato
Hahaha the heating thermostat is currently showing 28 degrees downstairs. Time to open the loft hatch I think and get some passive stack ventilation going. I do like it though, even managed a 6km run at 17:00

Back
Top Bottom