alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
i rang them today, the best they would offer me was 1117 with the 5 year basic warranty.
So you're paying £17 extra for an extra 2 years of basic warranty which is usually an extra £84. £67 discount is not bad but people seem to be getting better discounts. I was lucky because I got a 15% voucher code because I was having problems with my AW 17 R4. On top of that I got an extra 7% because it was delayed for so long. I ended up paying £865 with 3 years basic warranty. Not sure how others are getting similar or better discounts by just talking to the sales reps.

On a brighter note. I am really happy with it. Love the monitor and have no regrets.

Associate
Looks like it's dropped down to 799.99 now..that's pretty good price! Only received mine 3 weeks ago but at 835 after discount.... think they will refund the difference?

Associate
Looks like it's dropped down to 799.99 now..that's pretty good price! Only received mine 3 weeks ago but at 835 after discount.... think they will refund the difference?
That is a massive discount! Thankfully I only paid £65 more. I would be p off if I paid full price. That's gotta be limited time offer so anyone thinking about getting one I would snap it up now!

Associate
Out of interest what made you chose the pro support over the standard? If there're worthwhile benefits I'd consider adding it to my order...

TBH i'm not sure what tthe difference is, but it was saying advanced exchange plus pro support. and it was only £80 so getting this monitor with 5 years worry free use for £880 is a no brainer IMHO..

just had a read :)
What can I expect from ProSupport?
Dell ProSupport provides 24x7x365 technical support for Dell Pro Support entitled systems. This support includes but is not limited to the following (See Scope of Service in the References section for complete details.):

• Direct contact number , there enter your express service code (ESC) for proper call routing. (See link below to locate your ESC)
  • Senior level technical support analysts for troubleshooting and select third-party software issues
  • If needed, the support analyst will dispatch parts and service in accordance with the system warranty
  • When applicable, you will receive an ownership email with contact information for issue follow-up
  • Case management to help track resolution and escalation of Qualified Incidents
  • Escalation management to provide a single point of contact for incident management, escalation, and status of incidents within the scope of this Service

Soldato
I've had my Dell U3415W for 3 years almost to the week now and have loved using it. I'm just tempted to change to AW3418DW as it's at £799 to get GSync and 120Hrtz now. Has anyone moved between these two or seen them both enough to pass an opinion if the technology improvements after 3 years worth it?

Associate
TBH i'm not sure what tthe difference is, but it was saying advanced exchange plus pro support. and it was only £80 so getting this monitor with 5 years worry free use for £880 is a no brainer IMHO..

Thanks for the info - dedicated support does sound like it would give more peace of mind and ensure hassle free support should it ever be needed.

Associate
I've had my Dell U3415W for 3 years almost to the week now and have loved using it. I'm just tempted to change to AW3418DW as it's at £799 to get GSync and 120Hrtz now. Has anyone moved between these two or seen them both enough to pass an opinion if the technology improvements after 3 years worth it?

This is not from personal experience, I've only ordered the AW3418DW this morning, but pretty much all written press and video reviews I've read/watched have stated that the jump from 60Hz to 120Hz is most definitely significant. Add G-Sync to this and, yes, judging by reviews it would appear that this would be a noticeable upgrade for you. I'm upgrading from a 5 year old 60Hz 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor myself.

I'd recommend that you do as I have and read/watch reviews of this monitor and its competitors and decide if it is worthwhile for your usage.

Soldato
This is not from personal experience, I've only ordered the AW3418DW this morning, but pretty much all written press and video reviews I've read/watched have stated that the jump from 60Hz to 120Hz is most definitely significant. Add G-Sync to this and, yes, judging by reviews it would appear that this would be a noticeable upgrade for you. I'm upgrading from a 5 year old 60Hz 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor myself.

I'd recommend that you do as I have and read/watch reviews of this monitor and its competitors and decide if it is worthwhile for your usage.
DAMMIT!!!! Crumbled and pressed the order button - this is all your fault now ;)

Associate

I also have the Dell U3415W and like yourself have had mine for 3 years. I ordered the AW3418DW yesterday for delivery on the 10/7/2018.

I have been looking for a 34" G-Sync 100Hz+monitor for a couple of months now and it is not much more than what I paid for my Dell U3415W. At least my nephew will be happy when I give him this Dell U3415W to replace his crappy old 22" Lenovo monitor.

Associate
Seriously considering this at this price, too - but I'm running a GTX970.
This is a bit of a chicken and egg Monitor/Graphics card upgrade situation.

Googling now, but anyone know if I can run this at 2560x1440 with black bars left and right?

Not having to power ~25% of the pixels will hopefully tide me over till the 11x0 series lands 'soon'.

Back
Top Bottom