It's too hot :(

Permabanned
we have a fairly decent dehumidifier unit (house is old and when it's raining a lot could get damp) and all mine is doing is blowing warm air (no shock) and barely absorbing water.. Just seems airless this weather :(

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just ordered an AC unit as its getting a bit much indoors at the moment, just got to wait till Friday for it :(.

Associate
Bought this a few weeks ago as I was fed up of being kept awake from the heat, the noise doesn't bother me too much.
https://www.homebase.co.uk/arlec-8000-btu-slimline-portable-air-conditioner_p486888

They had a pallet of 24 of them in the store, the next day they were all gone!

Wouldn't be without one of these now. 8000 BTU does the job for my living room and bedroom. I would have gone for a 9000 BTU or a 12000 BTU one if I ordered online but enough was enough and I was able to collect it from the local store without the faff of waiting for delivery or returns.

Argos only sell a 5000 BTU one now which would probably be great for a broom cupboard!

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost touching 30c in the office today, add humidity on top of that. No aircon :p

It's getting to the point where people are actually starting to feel ill.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I'm glad the forecast for Saturday is a little cooler, have a wedding to attend. I get too hot in shorts+t-shirt so a suit is not going to be a fun day.

Soldato
we have a fairly decent dehumidifier unit (house is old and when it's raining a lot could get damp) and all mine is doing is blowing warm air (no shock) and barely absorbing water.. Just seems airless this weather :(

yeah I have tried 3 of them, they seem pretty rubbish to be honest.

air conditioning on the other hand is great, sadly no one has invented cost effective portable a/c units yet.

Soldato
What you want is one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Challeng...830208?hash=item3d6c879640:g:wQkAAOSwVlda7ttN

I've had mine since about 2013 and it's still going strong, you generally find that the prices for them go right down in the winter time, but will be a good investment for the next year, considering that we're likely to experience more of these heatwaves (apparently)

it still needs that pipe to go outside tho right?

or can you just plug it in with its back to wall without pipe and it works?

Back
Top Bottom