It's too hot :(

For those rolling on September, it has to be late September really (21st onwards) as the earlier part can still be quite hot.

What narks me off is that when 2013 rolled by, the media said it was one of the hottest summers on record.
Then 2014 rolls past and the media is saying that summer was even hotter.
Then summer 2015 was even hotter.
Then summer 2016 was even more hotter.
Then summer 2017 yet even more hotter.
Will anyone be surprised when they say that summer 2018 was even hotter?
Will that cycle eventually break?

I like the weather. Only reason I want a break is for the wildlife.

Moved 80pc of house on Saturday.
That was brutally hot. But was actually lucky. It was 33 here today and far far hotter than Saturday!

Wish I was able to swim in river!

For those rolling on September, it has to be late September really (21st onwards) as the earlier part can still be quite hot.

What narks me off is that when 2013 rolled by, the media said it was one of the hottest summers on record.
Then 2014 rolls past and the media is saying that summer was even hotter.
Then summer 2015 was even hotter.
Then summer 2016 was even more hotter.
Then summer 2017 yet even more hotter.
Will anyone be surprised when they say that summer 2018 was even hotter?
Will that cycle eventually break?

Are you reading the daily express news headlines?
Actually maybe not, otherwise it would be

'Tomorrow UKtl SIZZILE in HOTTEST day EVER'

This year feels exceptional to me. Cannot remember a summer like it. Especially the duration of it

Every time is see this thread pop up I think what a bunch of whiny girls. But okay fine, today it's too hot. Some rain wouldn't go amiss either as my garden looks like a desert currently.

Are you reading the daily express news headlines?
Actually maybe not, otherwise it would be

'Tomorrow UKtl SIZZILE in HOTTEST day EVER'

This year feels exceptional to me. Cannot remember a summer like it. Especially the duration of it

Yeah, Daily Express front pages tend to be dedicated to Princess Diana, or if it's the weather, it's along the lines of WHAT A SWELTERING SCORCHER or DEADLY BLIZZARDS EVERYWHERE

... and they still use Fahrenheit :p

It is nice out now in the shade. A welcome break

I dug my air con machine out the garage today and put it on in the bedroom. Usually I have it on a lot of the time but this summer has not been to bad

Yeah can see it on our lawn - the markings around where a swing used to be have appeared that haven't been visible for 15+ years and something else that pre-dates our living here.

The last week has been the worst, trying to sleep during the day after doing night shifts. At least my last one is tonight.

Apart from that I can't stand it when its this hot here. No beach to go to to cool off. Don't like hot Summers here, just got back from 3 weeks on holiday cant wait for my next one in September.

Our thermometer is reading 26 degrees, so what you may ask but its outside! God only knows what it is inside. Theres no air tonight either, we have a massive (1.5m) hunter ceiling fan and all its doing is blowing warm air at us lol.

OK, I give up it's too hot even at midnight :( SO I am asking if anybody here can tell me if they are using an "evaporative fan cooler" and does it work (has to be for a large room)? I used one long ago and it was very good, but I can't remember the name and it was a very small one, so looked a bit on the net and there are too many of them and all seem to be a bit iffy. Any help would be great (please)...

TY

OK, I give up it's too hot even at midnight :( SO I am asking if anybody here can tell me if they are using an "evaporative fan cooler" and does it work (has to be for a large room)? I used one long ago and it was very good, but I can't remember the name and it was a very small one, so looked a bit on the net and there are too many of them and all seem to be a bit iffy. Any help would be great (please)...
My experience of one was all noise and inconsequential cooling effect, save yer dosh.

Sleep in your car with the AC running.

It's lovely and cool in Scotland, it's even raining.

Mwah hah ha

My experience of one was all noise and inconsequential cooling effect, save yer dosh.

Sleep in your car with the AC running.

It's lovely and cool in Scotland, it's even raining.

Mwah hah ha

:( ... Used to live in Edinburgh near the RBS tech building, so thinking of moving back..

So one last call.... Anybody have any exp with one of these coolers that work?

:( ... Used to live in Edinburgh near the RBS tech building, so thinking of moving back..

So one last call.... Anybody have any exp with one of these coolers that work?

They’re a waste of time, don’t bother.

I’ve got a mini actual air-con unit, if you can get one they’re a lifesaver at the moment, trouble is with the recent demand prices are likely to be very high...

Back
Top Bottom