Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Still happening
last night I tried a Bios Update

today I opened the Laptop started playing WoW, I didn't even do anything instensive, just flow around, and the Power Brick stopped working plus the Laptop did an auto Restart (blank screen, not even good ol' BSOD)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I've updated all drivers again
and for a while it seem to have worked, and I played for a couple of hours

but then it happened again.
the adapter light goes off, the PC using battery and only after I take it out of both the PC and the outlet and plug back in , it gets back to working

its really not how I expected my first week with this beast will be :(

Hi @Ido Panski - We would like to offer you a new AC Adaptor Free of Charge, we expect the one you have is faulty, so this should cure the problem for you.

Could you please send us TRUST message with your address details and we will arrange to ship one to you directly.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi
I have started this message on the forum here because I saw it was very active and was partly why I bought an Aorus in the first place
but I bought the Laptop in the US so its not Overclockers job to send me an AC adapter free of charge (though I thank you for the offer)

I am in contact with Gigabyte directly (thought its not so helpful) and with the place I bought it from.

thanks for the offer though, much appriciated

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi
I have started this message on the forum here because I saw it was very active and was partly why I bought an Aorus in the first place
but I bought the Laptop in the US so its not Overclockers job to send me an AC adapter free of charge (though I thank you for the offer)

I am in contact with Gigabyte directly (thought its not so helpful) and with the place I bought it from.

thanks for the offer though, much appriciated

Hi @Ido Panski - its OK, the offer is from us at Gigabyte, and the AC Adapter would be shipped directly from our HQ, so its OK that you are in the USA.

So you can still send the TRUST message with your address details, and we can pass to HQ contact, and / or USA colleagues.

If you have sorted it via another channel, that's OK, but its not a problem for us to take care of you from here.

Let us know,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi,

I am having a issue with my X5 V7, I bought it from Overclockers last September and I have been really happy with it. In July I bought myself an Oculus Rift and initially it was fine until I bought the Talos principle for it. This game caused a number of BSoD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION) occurrences that I couldn't fix by altering settings so I uninstalled it and wrote it off as a bad job. Ever since then I have seen a significant reduction in capability of the laptop. I am still experiencing BSoDs when gaming even when not in VR. Prior to getting VR I was playing Tomb raider (2013) in 4k with ultra settings and it didn't even get all that warm, now it is burning hot, randomly freezing and stuttering during game play and BSoD-ing. I have now completely uninstalled the Rift, which made no difference, followed the advice on the net and updated all my drivers and run several system scans, still no improvement. Finally I have used the F9 facility to reset the machine to factory settings and it is still performing in the same way.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on where to go next, I have not had much luck searching the net for similar posts/queries. I'm a worried something may have gone wrong physically... Also is there any reason why the X5 V7 might not be compatible with the rift? The specs are well within the minimum stated by Oculus.

Thanks!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi,

I am having a issue with my X5 V7, I bought it from Overclockers last September and I have been really happy with it. In July I bought myself an Oculus Rift and initially it was fine until I bought the Talos principle for it. This game caused a number of BSoD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION) occurrences that I couldn't fix by altering settings so I uninstalled it and wrote it off as a bad job. Ever since then I have seen a significant reduction in capability of the laptop. I am still experiencing BSoDs when gaming even when not in VR. Prior to getting VR I was playing Tomb raider (2013) in 4k with ultra settings and it didn't even get all that warm, now it is burning hot, randomly freezing and stuttering during game play and BSoD-ing. I have now completely uninstalled the Rift, which made no difference, followed the advice on the net and updated all my drivers and run several system scans, still no improvement. Finally I have used the F9 facility to reset the machine to factory settings and it is still performing in the same way.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on where to go next, I have not had much luck searching the net for similar posts/queries. I'm a worried something may have gone wrong physically... Also is there any reason why the X5 V7 might not be compatible with the rift? The specs are well within the minimum stated by Oculus.

Thanks!

Hi @Listy77 - sorry to hear of your problem.

We have sent to our support, but its already the weekend in Taiwan, so response may not come until Monday.

Can we ask - are th Graphics drivers the "recommended" version from AORUS, or the "latest" from NVIDIAs web-site? Please let us know the version.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
My X5v7 has seemingly died on me (literally) a few moments ago. I am typing this message for help/advice from my work laptop...

The X5v7 suddenly turned itself off (black screen etc., fans off, all lights off) and now refuses to boot or even turn back on. Pressing the power button does cause the Aorus logo to light up along with the "light bulb" indicator (the one to the left of the battery indicator light) but the screen remains black with no further activity. I have now disconnected from the the AC charger and attempting to run down the battery in the hope that I can force a cold boot. Holding down the power button to force a hard shutdown has no effect; the Aorus logo is still lit up which is why I am waiting for the battery to deplete itself.

If the above problem suggests something more serious, I'd assume that the notebook will need to be sent for warranty repair. To complicate matters, I repasted the CPU back in March with liquid metal (no issues since then; I have previously posted in this very thread regarding my success - 22/3/18 post# 1804 & 24/3/18 post# 1806 on page 91, respectively - which hopefully serves as sufficient evidence). I am therefore very concerned that, upon inspection, an MendIT engineer will immediately assume that I recently attempted & consequently botched the install job. MendIT will then deny my warranty claim and ask for payment to fix to the issue. This is something I want to prevent.

@Atom80: are you able to advise further regarding this situation, please?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi @Listy77 - sorry to hear of your problem.

We have sent to our support, but its already the weekend in Taiwan, so response may not come until Monday.

Can we ask - are th Graphics drivers the "recommended" version from AORUS, or the "latest" from NVIDIAs web-site? Please let us know the version.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that I am currently running he latest Aorus recommended NVIDIA driver (22.21.13.8266, in the driver update app). I look forward to your feedback, its just bombed out on me again even after reducing graphics settings.

Cheers,

Soldato
Hi guys, my mate has a x3 plus v7 (from OcUK last May) and he called me over for a second opinion on a couple of issues.

The Realtek PCIE card reader won't read SD(XC) cards. Sandisk MicroSDXC cards in an adapter. Reads perfectly in my in-built Acer Realtek USB 2.0 reader. on my cheap laptop.

The Realtek PCIE Card Reader has the latest drivers from Realtek (10.0.16299.21305) but we've tried earlier versions from Aorus' site (10.0.10143.21278) and update tool (10.0.15063.21300) but it doesn't change anything if we change driver versions.

The Type C port won't see a Galaxy S8 or GoPro Fusion, both known good, both tested with a known good Belkin Type C cable (from the national spicy-sounding high street store). Those devices work fine with the same cable on my cheapish Acer with Type C.

The ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (1.16.42.1) and Root Hub (1.16.42.1) have the latest drivers from the Aorus site, but we've tried rolling them back to earlier versions from Aorus (1.16.28.1) with no success.

The Microsoft ASMedia for the Type C port's controller bluescreen the machine as soon as a device is plugged in, but the ASMedia one just does nothing.

It's got the latest BIOS and Win 10 x64 updates.

My strong suspicion is it's drivers related. Any ideas?

Associate
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, I suggest you to perform the F9 recovery to roll-back to the default state. It should works though but DO remember to backup your file before doing so

Associate
Hi guys, my mate has a x3 plus v7 (from OcUK last May) and he called me over for a second opinion on a couple of issues.

The Realtek PCIE card reader won't read SD(XC) cards. Sandisk MicroSDXC cards in an adapter. Reads perfectly in my in-built Acer Realtek USB 2.0 reader. on my cheap laptop.

The Realtek PCIE Card Reader has the latest drivers from Realtek (10.0.16299.21305) but we've tried earlier versions from Aorus' site (10.0.10143.21278) and update tool (10.0.15063.21300) but it doesn't change anything if we change driver versions.

The Type C port won't see a Galaxy S8 or GoPro Fusion, both known good, both tested with a known good Belkin Type C cable (from the national spicy-sounding high street store). Those devices work fine with the same cable on my cheapish Acer with Type C.

The ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (1.16.42.1) and Root Hub (1.16.42.1) have the latest drivers from the Aorus site, but we've tried rolling them back to earlier versions from Aorus (1.16.28.1) with no success.

The Microsoft ASMedia for the Type C port's controller bluescreen the machine as soon as a device is plugged in, but the ASMedia one just does nothing.

It's got the latest BIOS and Win 10 x64 updates.

My strong suspicion is it's drivers related. Any ideas?

May I know the issue happened suddenly or it just happened when you just bought it?

Associate
Hi, I suggest you to perform the F9 recovery to roll-back to the default state. It should works though but DO remember to backup your file before doing so

Hi, I did state in my original post that I already did this and it is still BSoDing on me when ever I try to play games, it is very unstable unless I downgrade the graphics significantly... On a game that is 5 years old this doesn't seem right to me.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
My X5v7 has seemingly died on me (literally) a few moments ago. I am typing this message for help/advice from my work laptop...

The X5v7 suddenly turned itself off (black screen etc., fans off, all lights off) and now refuses to boot or even turn back on. Pressing the power button does cause the Aorus logo to light up along with the "light bulb" indicator (the one to the left of the battery indicator light) but the screen remains black with no further activity. I have now disconnected from the the AC charger and attempting to run down the battery in the hope that I can force a cold boot. Holding down the power button to force a hard shutdown has no effect; the Aorus logo is still lit up which is why I am waiting for the battery to deplete itself.

If the above problem suggests something more serious, I'd assume that the notebook will need to be sent for warranty repair. To complicate matters, I repasted the CPU back in March with liquid metal (no issues since then; I have previously posted in this very thread regarding my success - 22/3/18 post# 1804 & 24/3/18 post# 1806 on page 91, respectively - which hopefully serves as sufficient evidence). I am therefore very concerned that, upon inspection, an MendIT engineer will immediately assume that I recently attempted & consequently botched the install job. MendIT will then deny my warranty claim and ask for payment to fix to the issue. This is something I want to prevent.

@Atom80: are you able to advise further regarding this situation, please?

Thanks!
@baloney or @Atom80...

please can I get some clarification as to where I stand with regard to a warranty claim on repair regarding post #1928. I need to liaise with MendIT as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Hello, @hello_moto - Sounds like the failure will mean it needs to go to Mendit, correct. However you can refer them to your posts on the forums as evidence of when the re-pasting took place, and therefore shouldn't be related to this issue.

Any problems, please let us know, but this course of action should prevent any "challenges", so to speak.

You can also use this post as evidence that we have had conversation directly with you.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Soldato
May I know the issue happened suddenly or it just happened when you just bought it?

Didn't notice about the Type C port as it wasn't used for anything, problem might have been there originally or it could be new.

The card reader has worked a couple of times, most notably after a drivers update some time ago, but recently noticed it's not working now. (He was stuck with no way of getting his footage off the Fusion... )

Associate
Didn't notice about the Type C port as it wasn't used for anything, problem might have been there originally or it could be new.

The card reader has worked a couple of times, most notably after a drivers update some time ago, but recently noticed it's not working now. (He was stuck with no way of getting his footage off the Fusion... )

my personal suggestion is that try to perform the F9 recovery and roll-back the system to default state
if it still doesn't work, just kindly let me know

Associate
Hi, I did state in my original post that I already did this and it is still BSoDing on me when ever I try to play games, it is very unstable unless I downgrade the graphics significantly... On a game that is 5 years old this doesn't seem right to me.
hi if it still doesn't work after F9 recovery or thermal grease repasting, I suggest to take it to our service team for further check by our engineer. Atom80 will guide you how to reach us

Associate
@baloney or @Atom80

I have also raised a ticket through the Gigabyte CS system, they suggested I contact mendIT. I have not yet tried to re-paste my CPU/GPU, should I try that before I get mendIT involved? I am pretty confident I could do the process but I do not want to invalidate my warranty.

Thank you both for your responses so far.

Associate
Hi all,
I have a x5 v7 and also have a question :) on the Thunderbolt 3 dock - would it be possible to use it for multiple monitors (i.e for gaming) - so that HDMI is output through TB3, not being directly connected to the hdmi on the laptop? will the full power of laptop's 1070 be utilized in this scenario? How about GSync functioning?
Also - the power situation question - the laptop would have to be connected to its regular power brick, correct? Should a dock be connected to external power supply a well? What would be your recommendations?

For the clarity - this is not the external GPU dock, but a connecting dock, so that the laptop could be easily detached by unpluggin TB3 (and power) only.

Any general tips for the TB3 dock would be appricated too!
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom