Banks: wtf?

Associate
have to say, having a couple of incidents recently with Natwest I can't praise them enough, both issues were my own fault and they were outstanding in fixing them both very quickly. I also learned I can take money out with just my passport, which was a relief after one of those incidents was losing my wallet and having some pretty large bills to pay the next day.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Your first mistake was using TSB.
Your second mistake was being a dirty immigrant.

Caporegime
OP
have to say, having a couple of incidents recently with Natwest I can't praise them enough, both issues were my own fault and they were outstanding in fixing them both very quickly. I also learned I can take money out with just my passport, which was a relief after one of those incidents was losing my wallet and having some pretty large bills to pay the next day.

This is also the case with Barclays, Halifax, Natwest and Santander (and yes, I'm talking from experience here) so why such a basic feature is omitted from TSB is beyond me.

Your first mistake was using TSB.
Your second mistake was being a dirty immigrant.

Correct on both counts. I have teh sads nau :(

Soldato
Halifax are a joke too. They only allow you to deposit three bags of coins into your account. This despite me going in a few days beforehand to pick up 300 cash bags and specifically asking the woman who got them for me if I could use them to deposit in one go. I don't know if you've ever carried £300 in 1s and 2s all the way cross town from the carpark to the bank and then back again, but it's slightly bulky and heavy.

Caporegime
OP
Any reason you didn’t use your app in your phone to send money to your wife’s account?

I've never touch this account apart from transferring money to it, it was literally just a rainy day fund. If I'd known that I'd have to thread a needle with a starship to get to it I'd have gone to a better bank, the ones I know which are easy and allow you to withdraw using ID.

Caporegime
I've never touch this account apart from transferring money to it, it was literally just a rainy day fund. If I'd known that I'd have to thread a needle with a starship to get to it I'd have gone to a better bank, the ones I know which are easy and allow you to withdraw using ID.

To be honest, I would have thought having ID to withdraw money goes hand in hand….I mean, why would you think you can get money out without ID and without your bank card?

You expect getting into your account is like online with username and password?

But yet you don't apply the same tech logic to this account you want to withdraw money from so make sure you can do it online???

Is it me there is a massive contradiction here?

I don't think this is a bank's problem here, the problem here is you not having ID and they have steps to prevent fraud and crime…like needing ID.

Caporegime
OP
To be honest, I would have thought having ID to withdraw money goes hand in hand….I mean, why would you think you can get money out without ID and without your bank card?

You expect getting into your account is like online with username and password?

But yet you don't apply the same tech logic to this account you want to withdraw money from so make sure you can do it online???

Is it me there is a massive contradiction here?

I don't think this is a bank's problem here, the problem here is you not having ID and they have steps to prevent fraud and crime…like needing ID.

No, I did have ID. I didn't just walk in to a bank and go "Hi im diddums can has monies pls" :D

Soldato
Hahaha, I found the activation code (and pin and card :rolleyes:,thanks wife) and I still can't log on because apparently I need to contact my sysadmin :D

VvqPYH0.png

How the **** these clowns stay in business is beyond me :D

EDIT: Just to clarify the above, I've tried this on Chrome, FF and IE, none of them work. TSB: Bringing you back to the stone ages.

"Unknown Exception".. so the fact that something went wrong.. but they don't know what .. and rather than help they simply report it.

Also "Active" button.. shouldn't that be "Activate"?

Soldato
He's an immigrant apparently. He should be grateful they didn't call the police and have him tasered for his cheek.

I believe it was stated he was a 'dirty' immigrant.
I think clean ones get away fine with the use of bank accounts by knowing what they are doing, and not leaving activation codes lying around for three years waiting for the computer system to have a major 'upgrade' in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom