• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
It looks like to me that they have completely reset the GPU performance from 15 years ago at 1080p!! Are they completely mental? Whats the point in this effect if everyone is just going to switch it off for solid frames? Oh hang on..... price justification..... aaaaa i see now, add a feature just for the excuse to charge much more money for the card.

Maybe the real plan here if for everyone to buy up all the old 10XX stock?

Soldato
It looks like to me that they have completely reset the GPU performance from 15 years ago at 1080p!! Are they completely mental? Whats the point in this effect if everyone is just going to switch it off for solid frames? Oh hang on..... price justification..... aaaaa i see now, add a feature just for the excuse to charge much more money for the card.

Nah. Nvidia is colluding with AMD here mate.
If users need 2-3 RTX2080Ti to get back to normal levels of performance, they will have to buy X399 boards and 2920X as is the only platform supporting the PCIe lanes needed for that.....
So here we have it. Is AMD behind this again..... Booo AMD, profiteering again on the backs of honest Nvidia customers....... :D
Should lower the price of the 2920X NOW and the whole X399 motherboards prices.....

Associate

Think I said that 100 pages ago ;)

Soldato
Nah. Nvidia is colluding with AMD here mate.
If users need 2-3 RTX2080Ti to get back to normal levels of performance, they will have to buy X399 boards and 2920X as is the only platform supporting the PCIe lanes needed for that.....
So here we have it. Is AMD behind this again..... Booo AMD, profiteering again on the backs of honest Nvidia customers....... :D
Should lower the price of the 2920X NOW and the whole X399 motherboards prices.....

Because everyone knows spending a penny less than £10K on a PC is just pointless ha! You only have a £5K system?? LOSER! :D

Associate
Surely those willing to spend 1100 quid on a gpu will surely have a 4k monitor, or at least a 1440p. Nvidia pulling a fast one showing the demo's at 1080 .

Associate
490ed3755314799c5c8a172e5de5e2925c4cba44a80fbed589ad878009bdd6da.jpg
Fakenews - it's missing the twinkle in his eye.:p

Associate
Well pcpers podcast should be a good listen this Friday i'm sure josh will do lots suggestive comments when there talking about nvidia and the shape of the fans and how big it is ;)

G J

G J

Associate
Going to be pretty amusung if AMD cards do Raytracing better then the non Raytracing Nvidia cards.

Edit:NM it may be hardware locked anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry dude...... my apologies for not reading every post made in all 289 pages ;). Oh by the way, i went to page 189 and i couldnt see it?... are you sure? ;)

;) We should run a betting game here how many pages we have before the first benchmark comes out, my guess we will be at about 600 + by then

Associate
Why have these cards not been distributed to the reviewers?? You would expect them to be up same time as pre-order... unless of course they know they will be disappointing..

Associate
Why have these cards not been distributed to the reviewers?? You would expect them to be up same time as pre-order... unless of course they know they will be disappointing..

Normally out about 1-2 weeks before the card's go out unless someone leaks it and i'm hoping for a leak.

And not a made up one lol ;)

Associate
If the performance of these cards justified the price increase, Nvidia would be showing off all the performance number's you could ever want. The fact that there is no performance information tells you everything you need to know about these cards.

Back
Top Bottom