• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Answered above :) have a look at the video and compare it to the other benchmark values.
They do have same tests on same games.

There is no evidence that Vega 64 has ever scored higher in a single gaming benchmark than a 1080ti let alone Titan XP. Vega 64 competes with the 1080 not those cards.

I'm all for defending Vega, but there's no point making stuff up. Vega 64 is not a weak card by any means, but the 2080 will be a step up in performance and more efficient.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no evidence that Vega 64 has ever scored higher in a single gaming benchmark than a 1080ti let alone Titan XP. Vega 64 competes with the 1080 not those cards.

I'm all for defending Vega, but there's no point making stuff up. Vega 64 is not a weak card by any means, but the 2080 will be a step up in performance and more efficient.

Eh? Did you see the video? Did you compared it with the benchmarks? Should I start posting images because drip feeding is easier?
Have you compared Middle Earth, Battlefront 2. On the other games is withing couple of fps.
And that compared to Titan Xp!!!!!!!! A card cost 3 times!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Eh? Did you see the video? Did you compared it with the benchmarks? Should I start posting images because drip feeding is easier?
Have you compared Middle Earth, Battlefront 2. On the other games is withing couple of fps.
And that compared to Titan Xp!!!!!!!! A card cost 3 times!!!!

That video you posted did not have any Vega benchmarks!!!

Man of Honour
That video you posted did not have any Vega benchmarks!!!

He is telling you to compare the 1080ti results in the video to the 1080 and Vega results in the link - but that is not exactly a reliable comparison as they are done under different albeit should be fairly similar circumstances.

Soldato

Vega64 with Freesync or 1080Ti without... I'm leaning toward the Vega64 I think.

Soldato
Huzzah. Next step liquid metal :) works perfectly with HBM :D
Are you talking about the alternative to thermal paste? If so how much of a difference is there. Feels like my card isn't going to be going any higher but even reference cards can achieve good overclocks if properly cooled

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTW1eV8lj5E&t=492s

Not that I'm going water for 150mhz but would be nice to get 1600.

Soldato
Are you talking about the alternative to thermal paste? If so how much of a difference is there. Feels like my card isn't going to be going any higher but even reference cards can achieve good overclocks if properly cooled

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTW1eV8lj5E&t=492s

Not that I'm going water for 150mhz but would be nice to get 1600.

Back in July due to my own mistake on wiring wrongly the Nitro+ waterblock* had to put back the normal heatsink with the liquid metal used for the waterblock.
The observations were that HBM stopped overheating, and the core was running 10-15C cooler.

However give the following try....
Click Turbo Mode.
Click Apply.
Select Custom.
Go down the fan settings and set minimum 2200 and maximum 3500.
Next to the right set the right side temp to 60C.

Don't tough anything else. Give it a try :)

If that doesn't work, reset everything.
Select Turbo Mode. Click Apply
Select Custom and switch core overclocking to the horizontal bar. Set it to +2%. Give it a try.
Don't raise power limit etc.

The biggest perf gain as almost 0 power and heat cost is to get the HBM to 1100 or as close as.

I run some tests the other day with the power save mode (-25% power limit).
The core was working at 1200 (usually 1400), but had overclocked the HBM to 1100 instead 800 yet the performance was better at 160W envelop instead of the default 176W!!!

Need to get bothered to run benchmarks and post all my results some day :)
I have seen so many things with this card that I must make videos. Yet I do not want to install relive because of some bugs with some games. :/

*Predator 360 doesn't have clear indicator about the waterflow and installed the QDC the wrong way around lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back in July due to my own mistake on wiring wrongly the Nitro+ waterblock* had to put back the normal heatsink with the liquid metal used for the waterblock.
The observations were that HBM stopped overheating, and the core was running 10-15C cooler.

However give the following try....
Click Turbo Mode.
Click Apply.
Select Custom.
Go down the fan settings and set minimum 2200 and maximum 3500.
Next to the right set the right side temp to 60C.

Don't tough anything else. Give it a try :)

If that doesn't work, reset everything.
Select Turbo Mode. Click Apply
Select Custom and switch core overclocking to the horizontal bar. Set it to +2%. Give it a try.
Don't raise power limit etc.

The biggest perf gain as almost 0 power and heat cost is to get the HBM to 1100 or as close as.

I run some tests the other day with the power save mode (-25% power limit).
The core was working at 1200 (usually 1400), but had overclocked the HBM to 1100 instead 800 yet the performance was better at 160W envelop instead of the default 176W!!!

Need to get bothered to run benchmarks and post all my results some day :)
I have seen so many things with this card that I must make videos. Yet I do not want to install relive because of some bugs with some games. :/

*Predator 360 doesn't have clear indicator about the waterflow and installed the QDC the wrong way around lol.
That's basically what I do to get 1550 stable but I have to also do the voltage reduction and decrease from 1632 down to 1580. Without the under volt my clock speeds fluctuate all over the place but at 1000mv it's solid as hell and overall performs much better at the same clocks and no undervolt.

Soldato
That's basically what I do to get 1550 stable but I have to also do the voltage reduction and decrease from 1632 down to 1580. Without the under volt my clock speeds fluctuate all over the place but at 1000mv it's solid as hell and overall performs much better at the same clocks and no undervolt.

Why you do not try -20% Power limit and 1650 speed? Leave 1200mv and clock the HBM to 1100.

Soldato
I haven't tried that. Would -20 be enough to get it to 1650? During my tests I seemed to start needing even more juice way before 1600.

Also remember the standard card only has 2*8 pins not 3 could be my issue.

My Nitro+ is 2 8-pin also.
Imho with Vega 64 you can overclock on so many different ways. Is not like NVidia cards raise power and crank up speed until it crashes :p

Can you show me a screenshot of your 1550mhz profile please? (the full wattman page)

Soldato
It also used to crash with default settings and +50% so I knew there was no change at overclocking past default but after I upgraded motherboard bios it works at +50% standard clocks. Might give 1600+ another try but it definitely will need more voltage.

You have a great setting there. You just need to tweak it. Also it would be crashing if you keep P6 state at same voltage with P7.
It has to be lower.

Later tonight I will try to play with my Nitro+ and see at what point I can get 1600 at the lowest power available at 30% fan speed (watercooled) to give you an indication where to look at :)

Back
Top Bottom