• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
I pointed this out before with the MSI 2080 ti trio.

It was £1160 the first day here at OCuk, then rose to £1270, I've asked why, and got no answer.

All other competitors have consistently had it at £1160

Someones making a profit...

Soldato
I pointed this out before with the MSI 2080 ti trio.

It was £1160 the first day here at OCuk, then rose to £1270, I've asked why, and got no answer.

All other competitors have consistently had it at £1160

Someones making a profit...

I got an answer roughly to the tune that the GPU guy was not around and it’s probably a pricing error... which isn’t right :D

Nobody seems able to confirm what’s reference board and what’s not either.

Soldato
Rubbish. A GTX 1080 Ti when used as intended can smash out 100+ FPS at 1080p. A RTX 2080 Ti when used as intended can barely hit 60fps at 1080p. That is regression. Saying that this new fangled technology forces a new baseline downwards is regression.

The dedicated RT processors are an astounding leap forward in technology. The AI antialiasing is an astounding leap forward in technology. But the real-world implication that utilising these technologies forces a monumental drop in frame rates and playable resolutions is regression. And we're expected to pay 4 figures for it.
The AI anti aliasing actually increases framerates as it's training the GPU to render more efficiently as well as doing anti aliasing.

Soldato
I got an answer roughly to the tune that the GPU guy was not around and it’s probably a pricing error... which isn’t right :D

Nobody seems able to confirm what’s reference board and what’s not either.

i know both Gigabyte models are reference , aorus is inbound but not released as they didnt want pre-orders and no card shipping to happen . Engineering was started late due to NV given AIB little time

Soldato
This is gonna totally come true, isn't it? Sept 19th.

I'm still very much on the fence hoping to see independent benchmarks and hopefully reviews before then, but will be understandably ****** if I miss out by a day or two. Have tweeted @TEAMEVGAUK but no response, do they have a rep here who I could pester?

Ben is occasionally around - Bennnny please can we have more deals so I can pre-order EVGA. Also stick the blower card up for £1049 and i'll buy two as the blocks are coming off anyway. Below quoting hime as his @ in name makes life hard to tag.

EVGA just works

Soldato
We don;t know the clock speeds on most of these cards, why are people ordering?

Because they don’t really matter, look at pascal the cards all ran naturally much faster than quoted and it’s incredibly easy to overclock a GPU...

You really pay for the cooler on these reference PCB cards as the kit inside is likely to deliver roughly the same clocks regardless.

Permabanned
Do people still buy reference cards? They've throttled in the past so not sure why anyone buys them, maybe if you're replacing the cooler I guess... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom