What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Very nice jump there, I am still wondering what to do with mine, if I should go with a basic tune or get some bolt ons. I don't think I'll be upsizing the turbo.

Soldato
I've been giving the engine bay the once over, still some spots like the engine support brace that need some more work. Just dry cleaning it so far with brushes, wire brushing away any rust and using some high temperature paint over the done areas.

Z6I5BuE.jpg

Soldato
Fitted LED indicators (front/back), rear/brake and reverse bulbs. Definitely worth the upgrade and should come in handy during the darker months ahead.

Also been thinking of getting the MP215 map for my MK7 Fiesta ST. Slightly off put by some news of Mountune not updating some of the MT/MR maps after recent Ford recall updates. I've seen that Collins Performance are an alternative (CP1/2) map provider but haven't really any knowledge of either them or Mountune (other than reading around the forums).

Man of Honour
Took it on track.

0296.jpg

Soldato
Just fitted my plastidipped interior trim. Sprayed this is the dark last night, amazingly no major issues! It does feel slightly tacky still, hopefully that'll dry off.

Going to see how it feels after a few days before deciding if I want to use it on my steering wheel. First time dipping, if it hardens up ok I'll be impressed

Before -
NGpkxyq.jpg

Now -
cpyXD7w.jpg

Associate

Attachments

• lw71xLJ.jpg
    lw71xLJ.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 1
  • 8yySeMc.jpg
    8yySeMc.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2Soew9H.jpg
    2Soew9H.jpg
    1,000 KB · Views: 1
  • DDTBkoS.jpg
    DDTBkoS.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 1
  • jRsgkt7.jpg
    jRsgkt7.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 9i81Qps.jpg
    9i81Qps.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 1
  • IyWcHxO.jpg
    IyWcHxO.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Soldato
Been chasing a very slight knock on my E92 M3. It happens when you go over a bump, but one wheel at a time (ie. not squarely) which then causes the car to rock side to side as each wheel goes over it. I could replicate this by just rocking the car side to side when stationary.

Checked everything that I could think of and all was tight. Checked the ARB links were bolted up tight but it was still there. I was suspecting it was the droplinks so was going to order them anyway, but I wanted a proper diagnosis, so I decided to remove the front ARB drop links and see what the ball joints were like off the car:

giphy.gif

Needless to say, they need changing! All four ball joints had excessive movement, all four have split boots, with one of the ball joints having the slightest bit of play when pulled back and forth when off the car. Would have never diagnosed this on the car, so i'm glad I got them off!

Ordered the fronts and rears as I'm sure at nearly 100k miles, the rears probably aren't great either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom