Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Got my Mavic 2 Pro but haven’t flown it yet due to heavy rain.

I set my Mavic 2 up 35hrs ago and I remember I was prompted to sign up to DJI Refresh within 48hrs.

How is this any different than the refresh you can buy anytime for £109 etc?

A few posts ago, someone mentioned getting theirs as a free add on?

I made the mistake of not ordering the fly more kit and I see it is £339 now.

gutted about fly more kit, I had one ordered from DJI but cancelled it as I was going to use some of the vouchers I had for amazon...…….. I got free crash and repair cover buying from heliguy :) hopefully picking my zoom up tomorrow, tbh the mavic bag is pretty rubbish if you ask me its a tight squeeze to fit evertything in, and definitely no ipad, the air bag is much better as my ipad mini could fit in that, i'll just look at buying 2 batteries separately and getting an aftermarket bag, never once used the car charger previously, and if i'm desperate ive got a load of power inverters at work I can use

Soldato
Ever since going on a trip with a mate who has the Mavic Air, I find the normal Mavic a major PITA to get out and fly in comparison to the Air, which is half the size and half the set up time, even though they're both small and quick already. Progress, I guess!
I've had both now didn't really find much difference between the two as far as that goes, I just really irritated with the noise the air made

Soldato
Got my Mavic 2 Pro but haven’t flown it yet due to heavy rain.

I set my Mavic 2 up 35hrs ago and I remember I was prompted to sign up to DJI Refresh within 48hrs.

How is this any different than the refresh you can buy anytime for £109 etc?

A few posts ago, someone mentioned getting theirs as a free add on?

I made the mistake of not ordering the fly more kit and I see it is £339 now.

If your quick Heliguy still has the flymore kit for £279, just ordered one myself despite what I said about the bag :)

Soldato
Had more or less this past 12 months out of the hobby due to work and family commitments. Fully intend to get back to the bench this winter and cook up some nice builds. Also stripping down and rebuilding my Aurora 100 and TH9X TX, broke that accidentally in transit a year ago :(

What's the go to budget goggles these days? My HK screen goggles are bigger than most of the models I fly so need to do something about those :p

Soldato
Looking at my details on Airdata, I didnt realise it gives you your latest (and probably all) flights in 3d.

ZthuzBx.png

Airdata gives you all the info on your drone and any issues.

Highly recommended.

Link

And with this installed on your device, it automatically uploads your flight logs to Airdata.

Soldato
Actually, did this used to be called something else as I think I used it before with my Phantom. I've just logged in to Airdata with my previous account. How do you get the 3D version of your flight log up?

Soldato
Actually, did this used to be called something else as I think I used it before with my Phantom. I've just logged in to Airdata with my previous account. How do you get the 3D version of your flight log up?

Select a flight in the overview, and there are options to download that flight. I chose kml, but there are others. Then if you have Google Earth, double clicking will open it in that.

It used to be called Healthy Drones :)

There is a free option but you are limited https://airdata.com/pricing

*edit* According to this, my furthest flight is 1181 feet. I need to strap a pair on and go further :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah yes, Healthy Drones - had that when I was flying my P3S. The free version looks fine for my useage, limit to 100 flights but I guess you can delete any when you get to the 100 and free up space.

I'm still getting jittery when the Mavic is over 500ft away......haven't ventured any further than LOS yet.:cool:

Soldato
New wrap for my Mavic. And yes, I actually am a member of the fire and rescue service. :cool:

smallermavicfire1.jpg

Soldato
I went for zoom, partly for cost but the camera on zoom is more than enough for me, only sold my mavic pro platinum as I liked the automated features on the air which the mavic pro lacked, only had a quick 10 minute blast of it so far as im waiting for fly more kit to arrive

Soldato
I'm not sure if it is a sign but my Mavic Pro failed on me at the weekend, throwing up the error of gimbal motor being overloaded. I hadn't secured the gimbal properly and put bag in my motorbike luggage. There it sat for around 5 hours of spirited riding before I took it out. There was a lot of white dust in the protective shield, and one of the caps on the gimbal had come off. My conclusion is that it has basically shaken itself to death.

I've ordered an eBay replacement for £59 and will have a go at fitting that. Otherwise I think it may be time for a new drone...

Back
Top Bottom