This Business and Moment...

Soldato
That’s about £70k, good in the UK but not in Switzerland!

That's the same conclusion I came to.

Plus SCCM is proper boring!

I don't disagree with you there! I was sent on a 5 day course last year by my organization hence why its on my CV. Only 10% of that course I found interesting.

I am surprised that they have contacted me as I was expecting jobs from Germany to get in touch first but I rather work in Switzerland. I wasn't really sure of the market rate in Switzerland, doesn't help when most jobs don't state pay. Unlike here in the UK, if they don't state pay then most of the time its the minimum wage bracket. But I know after researching what I should be going for or at least asking.

I have been thinking about this since the interview today. I have spent the last 2 years of my own time and money, which has totalled to be over £4K so far with books, subscriptions, booking exams. Studying for my MCSA in Windows 10 and MCSA Server 2016, due to take my MCSE in Cloud and Infrastructure to finish it all off next month. With over 12 years of working in IT, I should be aiming for more, way more!

Soldato
OP
That's the same conclusion I came to.

I don't disagree with you there! I was sent on a 5 day course last year by my organization hence why its on my CV. Only 10% of that course I found interesting.

I am surprised that they have contacted me as I was expecting jobs from Germany to get in touch first but I rather work in Switzerland. I wasn't really sure of the market rate in Switzerland, doesn't help when most jobs don't state pay. Unlike here in the UK, if they don't state pay then most of the time its the minimum wage bracket. But I know after researching what I should be going for or at least asking.

I have been thinking about this since the interview today. I have spent the last 2 years of my own time and money, which has totalled to be over £4K so far with books, subscriptions, booking exams. Studying for my MCSA in Windows 10 and MCSA Server 2016, due to take my MCSE in Cloud and Infrastructure to finish it all off next month. With over 12 years of working in IT, I should be aiming for more, way more!

You can only aim for way more if the jobs you have been doing in those 12 years equate to those inline with a higher salary.

Man of Honour
I'll remember that if either of you ever end up on the other end of the phone to me :p

:D
Ha. I've stepped away from Microsoft stuff at my current role, I'm mainly doing Cisco networking and a bit of VMware, so if I'm ringing you something has gone seriously wrong. :D

Soldato
OP
Another venture is currently trading on it's first exchange. If you ignore the obvious first dump that some poorly brought in "marketers" dumped first thing, we're climbing back OK.
Was a funny one really how it all came about; was on a discord of a failed/ abandoned masternode project that I got stung by. I met a few guys off there and we decided to do our own thing. Slowly came about and a few people dropped out and me and Vishal were left. We busted out savenode.io built the chain, all the rewards structure and our discord is about 700 people now. Got listed on crex24.com (https://crex24.com/exchange/SNO-BTC) and up to 7th on trading volume today! We're in the process of getting our wireframes designed into a real UI and will start to bust it out.

I worked out I am currently working on 5 "projects" while also doing my day job... I'm surprised my wife hasn't killed me yet! :o

Soldato
Argh, ***** got real and i've been invited to an interview. I know it's all about looking out for yourself but the timing is awful from the companies point of view as we're just about to start working on co-ordinating budgets and it's a pretty steep learning curve for anyone coming in (especially since it would be around 6 weeks further into the process by then).

Early days yet though.

Man of Honour
I have a short notice telephone interview this afternoon for an enterprise architect role 5 miles from home. It was originally penned in for tomorrow but they've asked if it can be done today.

I know the delivery manager for the account, I used to work with her when she was the change manager and I was one of the lead engineers. It's either going to be a 'when can you start' type interview, or probing questions asking about my suitability as it is a level higher than I've done before. Day rate for the role is poor, but that's company wide for the particular employer, but because it's not a BAU support role, it's only £3 a day less than what I am on now. Plus I won't be doing 400 miles a week so a fair chunk of fuel money in my pocket and time too. It's also a tick in the box on my CV so should open up doors down the line and be a good bit of experience. I like where I am now but I think I'd be a mug to turn it down if offered.

Soldato

I love reading your posts because I find it amazing how you have so much on the go and are so enthusiastic for what you do - however when you start taking remotely technical I follow about one word in three!

Congratulations though, I think what you said was a good thing! :D

Soldato
OP
Haha thanks I think @Rids - I've got like ADHD tbh. Really struggle not to be busy...

SaveNode is going well though so far, very busy. Busier than I thought, I have about 700 people in that discord at the moment. Running 5 MasterNodes, already got some returns back out in BTC.

GoatCash has now 1695 members in our telegram group, we've been having a great time and still building stupid games for that. Loads of cool stuff going on and exchange listing for 3 weeks confirmed.

VolAir has just launched it's bounty thread on bitcointalk; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4971148.msg44828636#msg44828636 - so discord and telegram starting to get people in now! I need to get the team to finish the app and not **** about with too many goats, as we need it live in 4 weeks!! Then we need to raise min. 1000 ETH for moving on really. That will keep up going anyway.

Path - I have a meeting tonight with the bit corporate partner we're trying to sign, hopefully it'll be a good meeting as this all hinges on this partnership really...

Learning a lot though! It's fun but so busy. My contract at Novartis got busier as they fired loads of people but kept me for some reason, so that's fun. I try and streamline processes and make meetings, so I can balance all my other work :D

Caporegime
Man, you really seem to have nailed down these crypto businesses. Wish I understood better it so I could get involved outside of my working hours with you. No doubt you could teach a lot both in learning business and technology! Would be totally willing to dedicate time. Wife works evenings so most of my evenings are basically at the gym or gaming. IE, I am free :p

Hit me up if its possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I don't really want to raise a thread for this but I've been offered a package at work of both shares and directorship... Obviously there are responsibilities involved with this. Does anyone have any advice? I'm already putting forward for the business to ensure Directors & Officers Insurance is present. I've got a fair grasp on accounts but nothing quite like the financial director, but I trust that they would file or paperwork required, I am a little worried on how much of an understanding I'd have on the finer details however...

I'm going to seek official advice however I feel here would be a good place to ask too

Soldato
OP
Man, you really seem to have nailed down these crypto businesses. Wish I understood better it so I could get involved outside of my working hours with you. No doubt you could teach a lot both in learning business and technology! Would be totally willing to dedicate time. Wife works evenings so most of my evenings are basically at the gym or gaming. IE, I am free :p

Hit me up if its possible.
Defo chat, always stuff to be done!
SaveNode has been killing it so far, I've continued to grow my holding of SNO while filtering some fiat off at the same time so I have a pure side pot of profit. I'm at about 3500 EUR this week, which isn't bad. Our team has grown, it's all just a bit crazy. We're due to list on another exchange in a week (hopefully) with a lot more volume, so let's see how that goes as well.
Now I'm trying to grow all bounty stuff with VolAir, too. We need to get some more people on board to help manage that. That's my tactic :D

With good old Goat Cash, we've released our roadmap...

unknown.png

We have confirmed our exchange listing for 23rd Sept and we've just bought on about 3 more people on the marketing side to grow things there!

It's fun. Maaaaaaah

Man of Honour
I have a job interview via Skype next week with a company in Austria, for a role as Worldwide CRM coordinator. They are looking for someone who has a level of Salesforce technical knowledge, experience of rollout management & implementation, worked in multiple countries, participated in UAT/BAT, carried out Early Life Support, ongoing adoption support and someone who is a confident trainer. Well that's pretty much exactly what I have spent the last three years doing so let's see how it goes.

I did not meet their minimum qualification stipulations but I "did a Trump" and applied anyway, in the hope that my profile would get their attention.
My girlfriend lives in Austria already and has an apartment which makes that side of things nice and simple, I can just move in with her - but the thought of tying up everything here (mainly what to do with my cars and all my junk!) is a bit overwhelming.

Still, let's not count our chickens - there's a long way to go before I think properly about all that stuff. The company looks great from my research, and the prospect of an £18,000 pay rise is also rather enticing.

Soldato
I have a job interview via Skype next week with a company in Austria, for a role as Worldwide CRM coordinator. They are looking for someone who has a level of Salesforce technical knowledge, experience of rollout management & implementation, worked in multiple countries, participated in UAT/BAT, carried out Early Life Support, ongoing adoption support and someone who is a confident trainer. Well that's pretty much exactly what I have spent the last three years doing so let's see how it goes.

I did not meet their minimum qualification stipulations but I "did a Trump" and applied anyway, in the hope that my profile would get their attention.
My girlfriend lives in Austria already and has an apartment which makes that side of things nice and simple, I can just move in with her - but the thought of tying up everything here (mainly what to do with my cars and all my junk!) is a bit overwhelming.

Still, let's not count our chickens - there's a long way to go before I think properly about all that stuff. The company looks great from my research, and the prospect of an £18,000 pay rise is also rather enticing.

How's your German? :) I reckon it sounds like a good move, and the pay increase is pretty attractive, although not sure what the tax levels are in Austria?

We're moving ahead with our slow growth effort. The new office is taking shape - got our new mega-desk delivered and installed, new chairs on the way and then have bought everything you can think of - fridge, coffee machine, loads of storage, patio furniture for our balcony, even a sodastream at the insistence of my colleague :p We've also hired our first external employee, who starts in a couple of weeks, so we're having to get a load of processes and systems fully sorted out and in place prior. In addition, my younger sister is doing one day a week with us, as her daughter is now 1 year old and my sister is looking for some boring office work to get back on her feet. And our former office mate - who had his own limited company going, but used to share office space with us - is going to be re-joining the office after a year working from home. So we're about to go from two of us to four-five in the office in a fortnight or so.

Back
Top Bottom